1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Install Tech Here

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by doigerooney, May 3, 2013.

1. doigerooney

doigerooney New Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Richmond, TX
    Hello dbstalk! I was told about this forum by my trainer, figured I'd come check it for general nerding out/random references, and I like just how in depth you guys get. I already see the potential of this board as a vital resource for information, and have therefore chosen to stay.

I'd love if you(the seasoned dbstalk veteran) could reply to this thread with links to other threads that you would find useful for someone in my position (the wide-eyed rook with a thirst for knowledge) and perhaps some words of wisdom as I embark on the exciting, difficult, and rewarding career of helping people enjoy the marvel of scientific advancement that is satellite television.

Thanks for your response!

-doigerooney

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Welcome to DBSTalk! Check out the General forum, HD Receiver/DVR forum and page through the install forum. I'm sure you will be overwhelmed at first. There is a great group of members here that can help with any odd questions you may have.

3. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Welcome to the forum! Scott gave you a great start to expand your knowledge and understanding of your "exciting" new career. :)

What made you want to be a tech? Seems like you've done some literature/language studies.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
  5. cwtech

cwtech Mentor

Oct 12, 2012
    welcome, Here you will find several seasoned techs and just some knowledgeable ppl, I am sure if you ask you will find an answer from somebody here, and if by some unforseen reason they cant someone will def get you in the right direction. Just browse, read, let ur eyes rest, browse, read some more lol.
    Def go through the Shame Thread, this is a good what not to do thread lol
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/146704-the-shame-thread-just-how-bad-can-it-get/

Go through this thread and see some better work
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/131480-the-tech-thread-show-your-work-and-face-the-heat/

And for some more in depth detailed training and some good general info goto this site, your trainer should be able to provide you with a username and pass for it
    http://satinstalltraining.com