1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install Video Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ctreptow, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ctreptow

ctreptow Cool Member

May 27, 2005
    Hi All

I hope someone can help me here. I had my HR34 Genie installed over the last weekend. My setup is an HR34/AM21 connected to my Yamaha RX-v671 via an HDMI cable. The V671 connects to the Panasonic Veria plasma via HDMI. I have used this setup with Dish and Google Tv for years without issue.

The day after the install i noticed i was getting tearing green lines on the bottom half of the tv and guide would flicker and tear badly when displayed. Research here showed that there may be a problem with HDMI and Yamaha so I switched to connecting the HDMI directly to the TV and connected the Yamaha via Digital Coax. This seemed to work for about 8 hours till last night I noticed that the TV would flicker and display the input about every 2 minutes, like I was getting HDMI dropouts.. Secondly I am getting audio dropouts on my OTA channels...

More info
    I did notice that when I am getting the screen tearing the video resolution is 480 or 720P. Once I reboot the Yamaha the same channel comes back perfect at 1080I.

I really like the system but it's getting difficult to deal with..

Any thoughts?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go into,
    Menu, Settings, Display , Resolutions and check only the 1080i resolution. If you do the PPV movies, you might also check the 1080p box.
    This will cause your receiver to transmit a 1080i signal all the time and should clear up this problem.

3. ctreptow

ctreptow Cool Member

May 27, 2005
    Thanks that did seem to help.

i checked those settings a couple of days ago but they were grayed out.. today I could set them as needed.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If they were grayed out before it might have been a Video setting in the Yamaha.
    Check it's setup and see if it can be set to HDMI as 1080i resolution.
    My son has a similar set and he runs the HDMI to the Yamaha and then to the TV as you had it previously.