1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Install What equipt to expect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by av8042, Jul 31, 2011.

1. av8042

av8042 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    New install, old customer. I am switching back to Directv after about two years for the NFL ticket promo. I would rather do the install myself but, as per Direct tv I can't. Do to cabling constraints I will need the installer to use a LNB with built in Multiswitch which will go down to a centralized location in my finished basement where all cabling is homeruns throughout. Having 1 HDDVR and 3 HD recievers Installed.All exsisting cabling is RG6.Couple of questions. Will Installer have the lnb with built in multiswitch? Will it be a 5lnb since thats the latest? Reason I need built in Multiswitch:Used One of the the feeds from prev install to wire new room and now only have 3 at dish location. Wanted to use remaining 3 as 2- for power to lnb and hot shot(if possible) and obviously last for feed to switch for distribution. . .Last question, If questionable if installer would have on hand would it be a good idea to purchase this stuff and have it ready as not to delay install? Or am I just thinking way to far ahead. Thanks Alex

2. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Installer will probably give you the SWMLNB, one line from dish into your house to a splitter. That is actually the newest LNB....built in SWM.

3. av8042

av8042 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Does it sound like I will be able to use the other cabling as outlined? Thanks

4. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Shouldn't be a problem. Installer should have everything you need to get you up and running.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    and depending where your locals come from and whether your subscribed to some ethnic packages, is what determines the type of LNB used. most likely you will get a 3LNB SWM

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Are MRV & CCK on your order?