1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by bills, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    question? having directv installed tomorrow 9-23,former dish customer. with one tv. any ideas on how it will be installed? will i need a wb68 or something else? just a heads up if you will....regards

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You will not need a WB68 multi-switch. The dish has 4 outputs on it.

I assume you are getting HD (HD receiver or HD DVR) install? If so you will get an Slimline dish with one or two (if you get an HD DVR) cables from the dish to the receiver.

3. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    i installed my cables from outside through the house i have 4 runs from outside,when i had dish they only used one cable from the lnbf with a spliter to the back of the receiver, i believe that is the way it was.....regards

4. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    had service installed this morning hr22-100, everything went smooth and speedy. very happy with it. i thought i would have two dishes, with the locals but no. i did order my am-21 just a few minutes ago. question? about how long does it take to get it?.... regards

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I don't know for sure but if I had to guess I would say 2-3 days. That is normally how long it takes to receive things from DIRECTV.

6. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    I am a former DISH customer. I was wondering why you decided to come to D?
    I came to D due to los on 129!

7. firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr Legend

Sep 17, 2008
    As a former DISH customer myself, I chose to switch to D* mainly because i feel that the programming that D* offers is out of this world... There are so many choices, there is truly something on for everyone! My very few dealing with customer service :)nono2: excluding installation:eek2: ) where great. Each time the rep went above and beyond to serve the customers needs.

I honestly, truly think that if D* could work out there problems with the installs that they would be without doubt be the perfect tv provider:hurah: