1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Installation 1/15/09

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BlueSnake, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Godfather

Oct 6, 2006
    I am having Dish installed on Thursday between 8am & Noon.

I have opted for the America's Top 250 with all promos (HBO & Starz free for 3months, Cinemax for 12 mos for $.01, & $50 credit on 1st bill). I am also getting Showtime, & the HD Gold package.

I am getting one 722 & One 222 with 2 HDTVs & 2 regular TVs hooked up.

Is there anything I need to be aware of of anything I need to look out for during the installation.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    Beware of the 222, if you search this forum you will see postings regarding issues with this receiver

Bob

3. rgreenpc

rgreenpc AllStar

Mar 5, 2004
    BlueSnake -

Perhaps swap for a 211?

4. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    If he was setup for an Eastern Arc, he'd need 2 211s. or change to a Western Arc with a 211 and 311.

5. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    Good luck, and welcome to Dish Network! I think you'll really find how quirky it is on our side of the fence.

6. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Godfather

Oct 6, 2006
    It's quirky on all sides, believe me. I'm just tired of not having HD LILs. Dish also has more HD in their premium packages and that is what my wife and I are primarily interested in. 95% of our viewing is Network and Premium Channels. I love NFL Sunday Ticket, but at over $250 a year it's finally reached the point that it's not worth it to me anymore. That's all that was keeping me with Directv.

I appreciate all the feedback so far and will recheck the equipment on my order tomorrow.