1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New iOS3 coming March 11 with new features for AirPlay

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by MartyS, Mar 2, 2011.

1. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Today's Apple event announced the upcoming release of iOS 4.3, the latest iOS for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (both iPad 1 and iPad 2) and it's bringing some new features to Airplay.

Most important to me is the ability to stream video content from any App to an AppleTV.

Details here...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/apple-releases-ios-4-3-with-ipad-2/

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    The software is now available for the iPhone and iPad. Can't wait for download tonight when I get home. :)

3. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Downloaded it to the iPhone and the iPad yesterday afternoon. The iPad seems a bit faster, but not sure about the iPhone.

Can't try the new AirPlay yet, since I'm about 800 miles away from my AppleTV at the moment, and won't be back home for a couple of weeks, but I'm really looking forward to that!

4. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I tried things out last night. Nice being able to feed video to the Apple TV directly from something recorded on the iPhone (instead of having to import it into iTunes first). The hotspot feature works great as well.

5. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I haven't decided yet if I'm giving up my unlimited data plan for a 2G data +2G hotspot. Just not sure.

I guess it depends on what version of the iPad 2 I purchase.

6. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I know what you mean. The decision was easy for me. I looked at my bills for the past year and noticed I very rarely went over 2GB of data. The unlimited plan was useless while the hotspot feature I will use almost every day.

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I'm leaning in that direction, too... and 4Gb is a lot of data to use, but still... I really like the unlimited data plan and I rarely need a mobile hotspot.