1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New iPhone App version

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dpeters11, Sep 23, 2009.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    1.3.7 now in the App store. Only release note is "Addresses issues reported by customers."

Sorry forgot there was a Supercast app. This is the remote scheduler app.

2. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    Appreciate the info. I believe i download that now.

3. mixer99

mixer99 Mentor

May 3, 2007
    One of the big things this is missing is the ability to specify 'record all' or 'only record new' for series. I don't know the specific verbiage DTV uses, but when I remotely book this via my iphone, I have to go back to the DVR when I get home and specify to only record new.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Agreed. I think that's one of the last features I'm really missing.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If you set your default recording options to First Run Only on each DVR, then you have a slight workaround depending on preference and circumstances.

6. jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    Dont see anything new with this version.....
    I was hoping to see a ' favorite channels ' section so I can easily weed out channels I do not watch by using a favorites list in the app itself.

7. psychobabbler

psychobabbler Legend

Sep 16, 2006
    I'd also like to be able to extend my recordings through the app. I schedule everything through this when recording on my upstairs DVR. It works great, but these two features would be nice.

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Oh good I'm not the only one that sets up recordings upstairs while sitting on the couch downstairs :)

9. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Mine aren't upstairs, but it's easier than walking!

10. crazy4dss

crazy4dss Cool Member

Sep 10, 2006
    There's no real way to do this unless u have on demand type dvrs. then you would have to give dtv rights to acess your unit if you want to do remote scheduilng for season passes, plus you would not know if the show will be in conflict with something else you do not want to miss.