1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New memory card

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by kevinturcotte, Oct 1, 2013.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I'm going to be getting a new memory card for my phone. Some of my apps are stored on my current card though, and there isn't enough room on the phone's internal memory to transfer them all over. What would be the best way to go about transferring everything without issues?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Do you have a computer with an SD reader?

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I was afraid somebody was going to say that lol Computer doesn't have one, but Amazon has one for $8. Best to just turn the phone off, transfer everything to the computer, then onto the new card, and put the new card in the phone? And everything will still be installed and everything?

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Some apps might have components on both the card and device, but any actual data should survive.

Usually microSD cards come with an adapter to turn it into a full size SD card, makes it easier to deal with at least. MicroSD is about as small as I think you can get and be ok to handle.

5. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Everything should be okay as long as the phone is off the entire time right?