1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New MS Office Program

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Steve Mehs, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
  2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I wonder how Adobe will respond to this. Seems like it could be a Acrobat killer for the corporate world.

3. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Was Adobe such a powerhouse that MS set its targeting on them? Well I guess it was always MS dogma to go after any product that has high penetration. I know I read alot of PDF files, but never published them. If they werre XDOCS and just as readable I guess I wouldn't care (Except that Adobe was targeted just because they were successful and next time around what other company will it be in the sights of MS)

4. Rick_EE

Rick_EE Godfather

Apr 5, 2002
    How is it an Acrobat killer? It seems to be an XML tool. Kind of like frontpage is for HTML. How will that replace PDF's?

5. James_F

Apr 23, 2002
    Digital Documents? That is the future of Acrobat. My company uses Acrobat to "digitally sign" files. Looks like this program would replace our need to save word and excel documents as pdfs for signatures. Why would we need to use Acrobat for forms anymore with this program. And it would save use hundreds of dollars on Acrobat.... PDF is more than just a browser plugin....

6. Rick_EE

Rick_EE Godfather

Apr 5, 2002
    I was wondering what other uses Acrobat has. We only use it to send CAD prints that are not in native Autocad form.

7. James_F

Apr 23, 2002