1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Netflix issues, started with U336

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by wje, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jan 6, 2017 #1 of 12
    wje

wje Godfather

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    Well, it looks like the U336 update has really messed up Netflix. The major problem is that if I stream via the app, exit, then later try to stream again, one of two things happens. Either it just sits at ~25% buffering and never proceeds, or it gives an immediate error that it can't play the stream. It generally takes going into standby, or occasionally doing a soft reset to recover. A secondary issue is that it now forgets my login/password frequently.

I've seen a few other intermittent issues, such as streaming starting even before I've selected anything, the selection screen is still up, but audio starts.

Returning to TV now takes much longer than it used to, with a 'restoring session' notification at the bottom of the screen. What session? I don't remember seeing this before, or if it was present, it stayed up such a short time I didn't pay any attention to i.

I didn't observe any of these things pre-U336.

I have two other TV-connected devices that can stream Netflix, neither of them has any problem. Guess I'll stop using the H3 for Netflix. It's really getting tiresome being Dish's QA department.

2. Jan 7, 2017 #2 of 12
    wje

wje Godfather

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    And this morning, a new behavior... Netflix won't even start. Puts up the Netflix splash screen, red busy circle just spins and spins. Meantime works perfectly on my Amazon Fire TV stick.

3. davethestalker

davethestalker Godfather

Sep 16, 2006
    Netflix works fine (except for still no 5.1) on the Hopper, now Netflix is not working on the Joeys. It just stays at the buffering screen after the NETFLIX splash.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Ours freezes up in the middle of viewing and says no internet connection. Then when you try to exit, the whole Hopper3 freezes. Have to RBR each time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    I am getting the spinning circle too after U336

6. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    It worked yesterday with the same U336. A problem I have been noticing is that some recorded premium channel programs when selected give a HDCP error. I have to reboot the h3 to correct.

7. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Maybe 341 will fix it.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    is it [U341 ?] in staggered spool ?

9. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    I'm still on 334 but others on another site are reporting 341.

10. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    My H3 was downgraded to U341 on 1/27 curious if that had anything to do with what we have been reporting here.

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    really ?
    perhaps upgraded from your reporting U336 to the U341

12. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    Correct but U341 has Netflix app hanging the box requiring a "red button" reset. I'll try again but I ain't a happy camper. I have not notice the HDCP problem recently though.