1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New NFL Sunday Ticket Commercial is hilarious

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by mainedish, May 20, 2005.

1. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Keep an eye out for it. The song has a Willy Wonka connection.

2. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    i've seen the new NFL Sunday Ticket commercial a few times. Can't wait for the NFL Season on Direc Tv. It is one of the main reasons why I went with Direc Tv back in 1997. Been a Direc Tv Customer ever since and never plan on going back to cable.

3. BabaLouie

BabaLouie AllStar

Apr 2, 2004
    How do you feel about Directv charging $99/season additional for the HD games that were no extra charge in past years?

4. mrao

mrao Mentor

Nov 16, 2003
    The extra $99 is sure not gonna go down too well with repeat NFL subscribers...especially ones who got all the HD games free last season

5. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    It doesn't hurt my feelings any. I'll watch the games in standard definition just as i have since day 1. I'm not a big fan of HD yet. As Long as I can see the bears games and know what's going on i'm just fine. HD stands for "High Dollars" in my book. Just a way to get more money out of hard working folks. :lol:

6. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    FREE?
    Boy are you brainwashed! DirecTV gives nothing away for FREE except if you are one of those celebrities who can afford the cost but get the NFLST truly free anyway since they are NFL players or Team owners.

7. Jun 8, 2005 #7 of 13
    mrao

mrao Mentor

Nov 16, 2003
    Hmm...I meant...D* sure didnt charge an extra fee last year for customers to be able to watch games broadcast in HD....

8. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004

yeah, everytime I see that commercial I start cussing. What did it cost them to get Peyton Manning, Dick Butkus, Barry Sanders..... to do that commercial. Out of hand!

9. Jul 2, 2005 #9 of 13
    Roger

Roger Banned User

Aug 7, 2002
    What is the price of that package this year?

10. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I canceled that overpriced NFL Package. Last year we paid $189.00, now they want $319.00 for the same thing.

I bought an antenna for my attic and now get all of my local channels in HD, and will be able to see all the local games and not pay a cent for them. If I got the package they would be blacked out half the time anyway.

My money will be spent on "Center Ice Package" this year. Will get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Games 7 nights a week, instead of 6 hours a week for only 16 weeks with the NFL Package. They haven't come out with the price yet, but I am sure it will be less than $319.00.

11. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    The NHL would be wise to almost give away the package to get people to watch again. Some advice for the NHL. Lower prices. Make the net bigger. They may work. Dare I say more fights?

12. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I could handle those ideas. Being originally from your neck of the woods, I know hockey is big up there.

13. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

Boston has always been a big Hockey town. So has New England. But to be honest Hockey interest has slowed even in New England. That is a problem that I know the NHL is very concerned about. I think they can fix it. The Bruins lost some people who moved on to other jobs. Not the hockey players but some of the broadcasting personal. They had to. They needed the money.