1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

new nomad app for mac v1.3.080 requires OSX v10.7

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by volkl, May 7, 2013.

1. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    This sucks for those who don't want to "upgrade" to 10.7 from 10.6.8.

Now I cannot use my macbook pro with the Nomad.

-volkl

2. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    I am on 10.8.3. Why are you staying on the older version?

3. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Going to 10.7 gives up rosetta, and I still have mac office that needs rosetta. Lion also begins the iosification of osx ---- flatter style and less color.

I also don't like the autosave feature of Lion.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Did you actually install and find it was a no go?
    Could be worth a shot.

5. billcoff

billcoff Mentor

Jul 26, 2007
    If you aren't having a problem with Nomad on your Mac, chances are you don't need the Nomad update.

Nomad update V 1.3.080 corrected a long standing issue on my Mac Mini. I would get sound, but no video. I had numerous contacts with DirecTV customer support since August, 2012. Finally, in January I told customer service they could stop working on the issue as I solved it by buying a Vulkano. In consideration of the inconvenience DirecTV gave me a full refund for the Nomad. After the update, Nomad works fine, though i still get a cleaner video with the Vulkano.

6. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    No I have not. Good idea. Will give it a whirl when I return home. I am not really hurt that much because I don't ever want to travel with my 17" MacBook Pro again. But it would be nice to use it as a portable tv while at home.

Whenever I run the old nomad software on the laptop it alerts me that new software exists and goes to D* website, so no I have not found a way to continue to use the old software.

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right, I don't think there is a way.