1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Order - everything look OK?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Camborita, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Camborita

Camborita AllStar

Nov 9, 2009
    My coworker placed a new order today and looks to me like they got a pretty good deal (since they are a new subscriber...). Does anyone see any issues with this?

YOUR PROGRAMMING SELECTION, SPECIAL OFFERS AND SERVICES

Additional TV $0.00
    CHOICE $63.99
    HBO STARZ SHOWTIME & CINEMAX $45.00
    Advanced Receiver $20.00
    Additional TV - 2 Clients $12.00
    24 Mo Credit w/AutoPay + eBill -$10.00
    24 Mo Instant Rebate: Mos 1-12 -$29.00
    3 Months Free HBO/STZ/SHO/MAX -$45.00
    Estimated First Bill* $56.99
    *Estimated first bill amount does not include sales tax, use or other taxes.
    YOUR EQUIPMENT SELECTION

1 DIRECTV® Advanced WholeHome DVR $299.00

2 DIRECTV® Client $198.00

1 DIRECTV® Slimline Dish $0.00

2 Instant Rebate -$198.00

1 Instant Rebate -$299.00
    Equipment Total $0.00

ADDITIONAL

Installation Fee $0.00
    Delivery & Handling Fee $0.00
    Tax $0.00
    Use Tax Adjustment $9.40
    Order Total Paid** $9.40

Also, the only thing I'm not totally clear on is the reference to the "1 DIRECTV® Advanced WholeHome DVR" and the "2 DIRECTV Client". Is this for the Genie plus 2 client receivers, or is this for a HR2x series DVR plus two H2x series receivers?

Any insight which can be provided by the DBSTalk experts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. vapor21

vapor21 Cool Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Genie plus 2 clients

3. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    Nope, everything look in order. The order confirmations are pretty detailed. The only thing it doesn't show is if they decide to add the Protection Plan, which is discussed/done when the tech comes out to install. If they do that, it would be an additional 5.99. I'd remind them to ensure before they sign off on the tech paperwork, that they mention it, if he doesn't bring it up. Everything else is there though.
    --
    If they want to know more about the Protection Plan, they can go to directv.com and search for Protection Plan to get more info.

4. brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb Legend

Oct 24, 2009
    Only thing I would add is if your a dtv sub to have him call and add you as a referral.

Also hr2x are $199 , genies are $299 and where it shows additional TV $0 it would say $12 if they were not clients.

5. Camborita

Camborita AllStar

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm pretty sure they are bundling through Century Link, so I don't think the "refer-a-friend" is possible through that, right?