1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New problem with HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dserban, Dec 7, 2012.

1. dserban

dserban Mentor

Apr 21, 2008
    All of a sudden my "to do" list is empty. The series manageress shows all the series but no shows to record.
    Too many problems with HR34, I wish I new before I got it.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    First thing to try is resetting your DVR. See if that helps.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    If a single reboot makes no difference reboot it again within 30 minutes. This will flush your guide data and start downloading all new data. It's possible you have corrupt guide data that is hindering the creation of your todo list.

4. pappasbike

pappasbike Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Don't give up on the 34 yet, try what these guys suggest. I just got a 34 that replaced an HR21 which was so slow I had fantasies of throwing it out the window and running my car over it. The 34 has a few glitches that I'm discovering but is far faster in almost all functions than the 21. That aspect alone is just about worth the purchase price. And so far all the major functions that I rely on are working just as I expected them to.

5. dserban

dserban Mentor

Apr 21, 2008
    I did as suggested and I have it back. I think is because I reboot every day in order to get rid of the grey screen on C31.