1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"new" refurbished HR-20 Remote sensor

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DrA, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrA

DrA AllStar

Oct 25, 2006
    Last week I got a "new" refurbished HR-20 and remote sensor does not respond after receiver is idle few hours ( I leave it on all the time), but on the receiver ch up down works.
    My other remotes do not work on this either until I restart or use on the receiver dial for few times.
    Also today after each ch up or down it said Please wait few second until I restarted.
    Should I return it or there is a simple cure?
    orig 0xac HR-20 -700 in system info.
    0x18a

2. shenefie

shenefie Legend

Dec 15, 2006
    when my tivo HD dvr went out i went thru 3 'new' refurbs. there oughta be a law against replacing new units with used ones.....

3. DrA

DrA AllStar

Oct 25, 2006
    so you think it is a hardwear problem too?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It's not a common problem. Get another replacement.

5. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    by chance have you tried to reset the remote?

NOTE: this might be a slim chance of fixing it, but worth a quick try. before calling for another.

leave the remote selector on Directv , hold down the "select/mute" button. then you'll see the blinking green lights flash, re-enter 00001 or 00002 and push select. this might clear out a bad code.

also have you tried "RF"??

now if none of this works i'll agree it's a hardware issue. :(

6. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Banned User

Jul 5, 2007
    you have a bad sensor. try setting your remote to RF.

7. jtrout4801

jtrout4801 Cool Member

Aug 23, 2007
    the sensor is bad - - mine is doing this exact thing now - I am waiting for another replacement unit as we speak.

I too agree they shouldn't replace equipment that is a month old with refurb stuff.

8. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    My IR sensor is flaky too. I have several D* remotes in the house. This is the only box that does not respond to a remote all the time. I just switched it to RF.

Is there something going on with the HR20 and IR?

9. DrA

DrA AllStar

Oct 25, 2006
    I found the culprit for IR remote: my LCD TV in particular LG Model : 47LC7DF
    I noticed that before turning the tv on the blue light next to the sensor responded to IR from remote control.( I leave the receiver on). As soon as LCD turns on no sensor response. Must be bad interference from the LCD backlight. After few minutes interference is gone.
    More and more people are getting new LCDs and there must be a sticky warning in this forums:
    "Do not return your receiver or call CSR if you have IR remote problem! Test the remote when the tv is off. If the blue light next to the sensor responds to IR from remote control when tv is off, move receiver away from the tv and reprogram the remote to RF or wait until interference goes away then reprogram the remote control to RF."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.