1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Release Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bay CIty, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bay CIty

Bay CIty Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    Now that 011B has gone national, it must be time for D*`s next beta version.

we had Santa, Elvis, Raven-may I propose that we call the next version SATAN
    since its going to put many of us thru hell again.

I do hope I`m wrong and I do hope that D* resolves all issues soon but my confidence level is at an all time low, after only a few weeks ago feeling things were getting much better.

2. Crimson

Crimson Legend

Dec 9, 2006
    I think they've made a pretty good step forward with the latest version.. obviously some people are still having issues, but its pretty damn close to perfect as far as recording accurately.. which is my #1 issue. Obviously there are feature things I want to see and things like the padding issues they need to work out.. but my programs get recorded, and I can watch them nearly every time.. I haven't had a black recording since updating to any of the 'beta' versions.. now on 119.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Check again... you should now be on 0x11b

4. Bay CIty

Bay CIty Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    0x119 for me was the greatest version I had. And after switching to 0x11B that was good too then after a couple days things started to happen again, like BSD, missed recordings screen freeze ups etc.

I just disconnected mt OTA antenna from the hr-20 will see if this could make a difference.

5. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I doubt we will find the hell of 10b again.....at least if they can just continue the progress of 11b

I welcome anymore updates.....I hope they maybe take their time now and get DOWN some of the common problems that still exist.

6. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Kinda funny to me that a TV program recording device not working properly is someones idea of being put thru hell. :D

7. Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    For me 11B was also good for only two days, damn near perfect. Then problems galore. I have reforced it(The date on the info page didn't change thought, strange) and did a unplug reset. We'll see.

8. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    I was really starting to find confidence with the HR20 and 10b. No problems at all (except the CIR issue, of course). Then I was forced onto 119. Lockups, BSOD, IKD. I was wearing out the Red Button. On a typical RBR (4th, 5th?) I noticed that the Raven window was open and I jumped to 11b, hoping for improvement. Unfortunately, 11b has been a major step backward. If they would just re-release 10b until they sorted out 11b, I would be content.

9. jediphish

jediphish Godfather

Dec 3, 2005
    It is only so because most of us had HDTivo units that worked flawlessly for many, many months. Once you get accustomed to a platform that works, anything less is, to an avid TV watcher, like being put through "hell."

10. Bay CIty

Bay CIty Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    The majority of us here want a DVR to be 100% reliable and record all programs we ask it to.
    Reseting this thing and getting missed recording is putting me thru hell

11. Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    In my household it goes HR20 pisses off wife. Wife put husband thru hell.

12. jediphish

jediphish Godfather

Dec 3, 2005
    :lol: :hurah: :lol: :hurah: :lol:

Agreed. How many times have you been in a group discussion with friends at your own home about how great HD is only to have your wife chime in about how it always messes up (intending to refer to the defective DVR capabilities, although assuming that the entire "HD" thing is the problem)?

So, not only do the problems with the HR20 give the HR20 a bad name, but it also affects perception of HD.

13. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    acidentaly tuned wifes soap on sd channel the other day.. "why is it so fuzzy" I couldn't believe she noticed!!

14. jediphish

jediphish Godfather

Dec 3, 2005
    Congratulations. Always great to hear a success story.

15. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    You guys talk about your wives and HD confusion. I can't relate. While my Wife has high standards for the HR20 (it may look great when it works, but a black screen looks the same in HD as it does in SD), she is very competent with new equipment, even though her interest level is far below mine. I am fortunate that she is around more to babysit the ToDo list for me. If not, I would have missed the All Star game last night (well, in HD that is, as my TiVo caught it in SD, as it always does).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.