1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

new roku question

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by dcbag, Jul 2, 2012.

1. dcbag

dcbag Mentor

Oct 1, 2006
    I current have an earlier model roku that outputs 720 hdmi, I am considering getting a newer model that wil ouput 1080 hdmi, Will I notice a difference in upscaled picture quarity? I can not get dsl speeds above 3 so I know I can't get hd & I am not interested in games.

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    You might see a difference but without HD, it could be useless. If you have the money go ahead and upgrade just to stay current and to leave yourself open to future possibilities for HD and whatever else ROKU decides to do with the box. Other than that, don't worry about upgrading yet.

3. dcbag

dcbag Mentor

Oct 1, 2006
    Thanks, that kind of what I was thinking, but wanted to get another opinion. I live in a rural area, no cable available, only dsl.