1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new setup question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ALTFUELTEK, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALTFUELTEK

ALTFUELTEK New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Hello everyone,

I tried a search before posting but had no luck. I purchased four receivers from ebay, new, with access cards etc. 18 in. oval dish, dual LNB's. Two of the receivers are RCA DRD430RGA, twp are Direct tv D11 units. I set up everything, activated all units with Direct and all is working fine except for one thing. The two RCA receivers are getting Los Angeles locals instead of San Diego. The other receivers are getting San Diego locals. Have I not set up my dish alignment properly or do the RCA's have a different software? In a way its kind of nice having the different locals but I'd like to know if I need to fine tune the alignment.

Thanks for any help.

2. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    strange. did you set the right zip code in all four units

3. urnote96

urnote96 Legend

Jun 22, 2004
    the zip code in the setup of basic recievers has nothing to do with nothing...all it tells you is which way to set your dish...

4. beavis

beavis Icon

Jun 8, 2005
    2 of the IRD's came from the LA market, the other 2 came from San Diego, and it seems like they're still active on another account, cause if all 4 were on your account they'd get the same locals. You live in an area where the spotbeams from LA & San Diego hit.

5. FLSHADOW

FLSHADOW AllStar

Feb 7, 2006
    Just call DirecTV and have them resend the signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.