1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Software 0F06

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by linger, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linger

linger Legend

Nov 5, 2005
    VA
    Did anyone notice the new software on the H20's?? I looked at mine this morning and noticed that it downloaded new software at 5:02am this morning. The new version is 0F06. I don't really see anything different yet...

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmph.... been so busy with the R15 software updates, forgot to take a look at the H20...

Cool..

3. linger

linger Legend

Nov 5, 2005
    VA
    Yeah, that is what made me look at my H20. I have been waiting for my R15 to update and it finally did last night. Then I remembered that the last time that my R15 updated, my H20 did too on the same night.

4. Coastsider

Coastsider DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I got the update as well early yesterday morning but don't have any indication as to what it may have addressed as the few remaining glitches I am experiencing with the S.F. Bay HD locals seem to persist. I'm glad DirecTV has chosen to leave my access to the West Coast HD feeds intact as my wife and I often switch to the L.A. channels to avoid them.

5. linger

linger Legend

Nov 5, 2005
    VA
    Same deal here in VA. I have Fox and CBS from NY and often find myself switching to watch those stations rather than my locals mainly due to the audio problems with my MPGE4 locals.

6. theandies

theandies Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    I live in Warrenton and I have not had any audio/video problems with our local HD channels. I do notice on Discovery HD Theater there is an audio lag sometimes but not all the time.

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    After the upgrade I've edited my favorites list a couple of times and where the prior software would cause a reboot when scrolling through the list I haven't had it happen with the update.

8. theandies

theandies Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    Where exactly do you find the fimware version? I know I could dig around the menus and find it but I'm lazy and if you tell me I can watch more HD!!!!!!

9. Igor

Igor Godfather

Jan 3, 2005
    <MENU><SETTINGS><SETUP>
    these are already three button presses...
    keep moving the fingers, you can do it...
    <SELECT> (to select the info & test section)
    put the glasses and read the version number ;-)

(If this does not work, try turning the TV and the Box ON first :))

10. theandies

theandies Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    Yup - Have it and it was downloaded to my H20 on Feb 21 @5:05 am. :joy:

11. digibob

digibob Legend

Dec 1, 2005
    My H20 has been trying to download the upgrade for 2 days now and hasn't succeeded yet.:nono: It gets stuck in a loop that keeps showing errors.:mad: I haven't been able to use it for two days. I called D* 3 times today and got three different stories. It ends up they are going to send me a new unit. I am not happy about missing the rest of the Olympics:mad: :mad: :mad:

12. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    digibob, the same thing happened to me, Atlanta was one of the 1st cities to get the update, mine would not take it, same senerio as you described, so I called D*after 2 days of this and they agreeded to send me a new box, so the next morning I get up and guess what, the upgrade finally went through! so when the box came in I just sent it back.

13. digibob

digibob Legend

Dec 1, 2005
    It seems to be working now. It came back last night so I reset everything back to factory settings. But every hour it asked to download data from D*. :nono: I am afraid to let it do it because it might go back to the endless loop. Hopefully it will be ok tonight for the Olympics.:rolleyes: I will send this box back when I get the new one because it does run hot even in standby.:nono2:

14. Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal AllStar

Jan 15, 2006
    It runs very warm, even in "standby". The unit is not actually off. It is active and is only not outputting audio and video data when you turn it "off". It really isn't off.

15. Marino13

Marino13 AllStar

Jan 16, 2006

Looks like that AT9 is mounted on the side of your house. Any special mounting brackets?

16. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    After mine updated I got TNTHD channel (75) I never had this channel before last Tuesday at 9:02 am .check your favorites maybe this will help.

17. digibob

digibob Legend

Dec 1, 2005
    Just a side mounted bracket that looked like it came with the dish. I didn't do the install. Ironwood in Santa Rose did it. Both the dish mount and the side bracket are bolted to studs.

18. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004

theandies, welcome aboard from a fellow Warrentonian.

My family had gotten used to local news out of NYC. After getting the H20 upgrade, we quickly remembered how horrible the DC news is.

19. rrbhokies

rrbhokies Legend

May 10, 2004
    We essentially can't watch the D.C. Fox 5 local because of audio synch problems. Fortunately, we have the East Coast NY feed and like deraz, we're finding ourselves watching the NY news at 10PM which is better than the D.C. news.

God I hope they fix the audiosynch problems soon!!!

20. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Legend

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, the audio sinch issues while watching American Idol for example drives us crazy! You have to change the channel to hopefully get it back in synch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.