1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"New Software Download"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by etexlady, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    This morning my television was taken over by a download of new software. Only, the download never starts. After a few minutes I get the message that the download failed and to try again by pressing the red button. I have no access to any programming on this television during this process. I guess I'll have to call customer service to remedy the problem. Pressing the red button doesn't do it. Glad this didn't happen during the time that some program was on that I really wanted to watch.

2. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    What type of receiver/DVR do you have?
    Was a new firmware version identified?
    Did you try unplugging the unit for a few minutes?

3. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    DVR is an R15-100.

Software version appears to be 7D/0003/121C/01/0109.

I've tried pressing the red button several times. The tv has been unplugged for about five minutes and when I plugged it back in the same blue screen comes up stating it is downloading software at 0% complete.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Moving this to the SD DVR forum.

5. graygmc

graygmc New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Supposedly this is happening all across the country and only dealing with DVRs. Directv is aware of this and working on it right now. Mine hasnt worked in about 2 hours.

6. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks for the update, graygmc. I'll just leave it alone and wait along with the rest of you.

7. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
  8. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Right now I am receiving a software download. It says it's #0290.... We'll see if I end up having any problems with it.

9. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA

I got the same download for my HR 20-700.

Right in the middle of a hockey game !

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think there are other threads about the HR2x issues, and the R15 issue should be resolved by now, so I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.