1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Software Download

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mic, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mic

mic Cool Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Just got 0x04D2 on my HR23/700. What is that all about?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It's just a maintenance release. No new features. You can use the same issues and discussion thread listed above.

3. jcrellin

jcrellin New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Just got ox4d4 (HR23 700) & ox4da HR20 700). What's up with these?

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Like Stuart mentioned to the OP, minor mainteance releases. Most likely there will be nothing the end user will notice.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    If these were maintenance fixes as reported, they would have replace the current SDGUI NR. But the old SDGUI software is still what you currently get if you try to force a software search.

6. fredzo

fredzo New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I got 0x4d last night on my HR21-100 and have a new menu item now for 'My CenturyLink' which has call history, contacts, settings and a help option. On first entry into settings, I got a message thanking me for bundling services... which I didn't do. Time to talk to my wife I guess.

7. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Is there a question in there somewhere? This has nothing to do with SD UI or HD UI. I think it's pretty obvious that DIRECTV is not ready for everyone to have the HDUI so they are keeping up with maintenance release for the current software. Most people are still using the SDUI and they can't just give up on it.

Folks there is no reason to force the software, when DIRECTV wants you to get the new software they will send it to you.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Is it possible that these maintenance releases are being done to get the various receiver models ready for the HD GUI release?

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    You might be right there.

But the HDGUI was supposed to be a total rewrite of the software code with a complete new install instead of just updating portions of an old.

And it been reported CenturyLink is showing up under settings. So this maybe a targeted release for those customers.

10. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Could there be some underlying lower level code not necessarily related to the new GUI that also needs to be updated?