1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

new subscriber, maybe............

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by flybynyte, Aug 10, 2012.

1. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    ok, i just called and talked to csr at Directv. i told her i was looking at bundling my video, internet, and phone. told her i have hdtv for main viewing and would like hddvr and an have analog tv in another room. oh, package i am looking at is the choicextra. she gave me a quote of $95.94 excluding sales tax and the "nickel and dime" phone fees. i asked her a minimum of 3 times if that would be my monthly bill---explained to her all i really want to know is what my total bill would be for the month.

what am i missing here? :grin:

2. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    What Internet is it with?

3. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    internet and phone would be with ATT. i'm guessing with sales tax and the phone fees i would be looking at approx $120/mo (i rarely use landline for long distance calls).

just seemed to be a pretty good deal to me.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Make sure if any of that is an introductory offer for a year.

5. MattScahum

MattScahum Legend

Oct 26, 2010
    Honestly it will depend on the area. If att is dsl, your discount will show up on your first years bill. If it is uverse, it shows up in year 2. It also depends on what equipment you need as att has charges if you need their equipment. What was the price of the internet and phone they quoted you?

6. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    i asked her all i really want to know is what my monthly bill would be for the bundled services, made sure she understood i was talking all 3---she kept quoting me $94.95 (maybe $95.94, whatever) hate to be cynical, but, seems odd we are paying approx $140/mo with our cable and it would be that much less.

7. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    That probably includes the new customer discount for DirectTV for the first year. Find out what it will cost after your promos run out.

8. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    If it includes AT&T's DSL, they are probably quoting you on the slowest speed, which is very slow.