1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New to Dish

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by kojak 35, Mar 19, 2014.

1. kojak 35

kojak 35 New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    I was a DirecTV subscriber for years, going back to the beginning. I have been with cable for the last few years, as I am now working for a major cable provider. Since I don't live in their market I don't enjoy any perks. The cable provider in my area has increased my bill, so I have decided to change to Dish. My install is later today and would appreciate any tips and tricks for operation of my new Hopper. Thanks for the help in advance...and I am happy to be back with Satellite TV again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Wait at least 48 hrs. after install before complaining about features not working.

1 person likes this.
  3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Reboot when something doesn't appear to work. This only takes a few minutes and clears up many issues.

Also, if you think there's a problem and are posting it in these forums, please be specific - especially in the title of the thread.

Enjoy your space TV!