1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Echostar

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JosephDrums, Sep 17, 2008.

1. JosephDrums

JosephDrums New Member

May 30, 2007
    Greetings Everyone,
    I am very comfortable with all the workings and non-workings of DirecTV, however, i am now getting into the Echostar world. If anyone one has common problems/solutions, issues, nuances, ANYTHING that i will see in the Echostar world, please comment. Sorry this is so vague. Again, i am very knowledgeable with satellite in general and DirecTV in particular....I'm just looking for a heads- up.

Thanks for anything you may contribute!!

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    Have you searched this forum? That is where I would start.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Too general. Much has changed industry-wide in the last few years.

Did you know that Echostar (SATS) and DISH Network (DISH) are separate companies? DISH Network contracts with Echostar for hardware and satellite services.

4. JosephDrums

JosephDrums New Member

May 30, 2007
    yes i have....i'm not looking for particular issues, just some of the most common...it's easy to consume an entire day searching here....not that that's a bad thing however

thanks

5. JosephDrums

JosephDrums New Member

May 30, 2007
    I haven't been out of the industry by any means. believe me, i know that technology changes constantly in this business. I am just new to DISH. Yes I know that Echostar and DISH are separate. I have been involved in the training and design of some of the premier DirecTV systems.

thanks for looking and keep it coming

6. ImBack234

ImBack234 Godfather

Aug 26, 2008
    I wouldn't say that to loud!!!!:rolleyes: :D

7. JosephDrums

JosephDrums New Member

May 30, 2007
    :hurah: thanks!! i will proceed with caution

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Well, how about the 1¢ Cinemax deal. Don't subscribe to Cinemax or agree to paperless or online billing before you ask about that deal.

9. JosephDrums

JosephDrums New Member

May 30, 2007
    thanks. I'll try to clarify. i'm looking more for installation and distribution issues than for programming concerns..sorry for the vague inquiry