1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to HD Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillB, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BillB

BillB New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    After more than 16 years with Dish, I finally upgraded last week to HD pointed at the eastern arc from Pennsylvania. A queston on signal strength, which seems to be lacking current information on these forums and elsewhere on the web.

My signals seem to be very good on everything but 61.5 transponder 16, which is only 36. All others on 61.5 and 72 range from upper 40s to lower 60s except the spotbeams I don't get, which are 0. Typical for 16 to read so low?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Mostly depends on which type of dish lnb's and what receiver you are using. Since it is EA and would have to be a Vip or H/J, ss should be at least in the mid 50's so I would say your aim need at least a tweak. Depending which locals, they could be slightly lower to higher.

3. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth Godfather

Jul 18, 2005
    For now, don't worry about signal strengths on 61.5. We are in the process of switching to a newer satellite and the strengths are varying on daily basis. Give it a month, then we should know if you have good signal strength.