1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the boards, hope to help out!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BoostedBlazer, Feb 15, 2012.

1. BoostedBlazer

BoostedBlazer Cool Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Hey all, been browsing around the boards here for a while and figured I would setup a post to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I work for DTV in the Case Management department. I also used to be a DTV installer and service tech. Did some telecom work for a while between the two positions and have just a good all around background in associated fields of tech. Wanted to join up and see if I can help some folks on here with getting some questions answered and issues resolved! Hope to get familiar with some of you good folks! :grin:

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Welcome aboard!

Have fun, look forward to your input.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    +1

Excellent first post, too!

:welcome_s

5. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    :welcome_s Welcome!

So what does Case Management do? I assume manage cases :grin:

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Heh! And I bet some of those 'cases' post right here in DBSTalk!

7. BoostedBlazer

Feb 15, 2012
    Oh I'm sure a few of them have. Our department are all licensed SBCA techs that basically handle customers who have had multiple claims in a given amount of time. I.E. a service call and an receiver ERP within say 60 days or something like that. Basically kinda root through things and ensure there isn't an underlying installation or other problem that is causing the issues. We were also usually the first department to troubleshoot new products like the HR34 and the NOMAD.

8. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Cool stuff man! Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to your contributions!

BTW, did you actually put a turbo in your SUV?

9. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Welcome Aboard

10. BoostedBlazer

Feb 15, 2012
    Yeah actually it came with one but I've upgraded it to a ball bearing turbo and done some engine work. It's a 93 GMC Typhoon. Got a full on AV system in it with a TV in the dash and all. Love my lil pickup!

11. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Case Management is awesome. if you get escalated to them, you get a pin number for your case, and a specific phone number to call your Case Manager on. They only send out the best techs, and your Case Manager follows up with you personally a few days after the tech's visit to ensure that the issue was resolved.

Love CM. And if a Case management tech comes out and works locally in your area, get his business card. :)

12. BoostedBlazer

Feb 15, 2012
    Glad to hear you've had good experiences with us!

13. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    :welcome_s