1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to the forum.....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by flybynyte, Aug 8, 2012.

1. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    simple question for now; is it proper to discuss on this forum actual monetary figures when comparing cable and directv packages?

thanks

2. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    Sure, it's a valid argument when comparing services. The deciding factor for most is the breakdown of fees when deciding on a provider or additional programming fees.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Just be sure to take into account what happens when the promo rates expire when trying to compare packages.

And...

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Welcome! We talk about a lot of stuff and price is one of them.

5. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    great! thanks for the replies and the welcome!

here is what i am dealing with: recently i dropped e* and went to a bundle with cable. i am paying $61.95 for video (with just the hd receiver), $39.95 for data, and $32.95 for phone (not counting approx $23 nickel and dime phone fees).
    i do have a promotional deal that saves me approx $25/mo for the first 12 months (approx 9 mos left). btw, no contract with the cable.

anyway, what i am curious about is for those that may have bundled thru directv, could someone give me a pretty close approx to what i might pay monthly for the following:

directv choice extra, data, and phone bundle. i would most likely go with hddvr for main tv and standard receiver for a tv upstairs. i understand the promotional period, but, would just like to find out what i might be paying per month once the promotional period is up.

hope i explained the situation so it makes sense.
    i just wasn't in the mood to deal with a csr-----------yet.:hurah:

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Phone/internet pricing is not national so you'll have to call in to get it. Without phone/internet, discounts or tax you're at 94.99.

I should also state that this would be for 1 HD DVR and 1 HD with WHDVR as it's all built into the price now so not having a second HD receiver and just getting a SD would not be the best thing for you.

7. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Keep in mind you are comparing prices for 2 different TV services. With your cable you just have 1 HD box. What you're requesting from D* is including a 2nd receiver, DVR & WHDVR service. Plus how many & what channels are you getting with cable?