1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV and entering codes?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by phatmatt1215, Oct 1, 2009.

1. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    I hope this is the right place to post this. I bought a new TV today (Sansui). I have to turn the TV on, turn up/down the volume with the remote that it came with. I can switch channels with the D* remote. When I hit the "off" button, the satellite dish turns off, but the television remains on. Does that mean that I don't actually have the correct code for my TV entered in?

2. fortnerw

fortnerw Mentor

May 6, 2006
    You guessed correctly. When you put your tv code in or let it find it automaticlly make sure the switch at the top is in the tv mode. After you put the code in do the up/down on the volume. If it works the right code is in if not retry untill you get the correct code. Hope this helps

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    On your DirecTV remote, hit Menu, Settings, Setup, Remote, TV, and then scroll down to Sansui. That will list all of the Sansui codes and explain how to program the remote.

4. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Thanks all. I got it. I'm an idiot. I forgot to put the mode switch to TV first. I had kept it on D* symbol.