1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New TV App request: My NHL Team

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Indiana627, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    With the NHL season to begin soon, I'd once again like to request D* to make a new TV App called My NHL Team. Functionality would be same as the My MLB Team and My NFL Team app: scores, schedule, standings.

There was (still is) a My World Cup Team app for a one month tournament, so I'd think there could be an NHL app that could be used every hockey season. Help us hockey fans out D*.

Maybe if enough of us request it, D* will listen. Thanks.

2. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    I second the request as well.

3. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    Got my vote for one also.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Gets my vote and I'm not a hockey fan!

5. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    I don't know what it does but it gets my vote too

6. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    Me Too!! And a NBA one also.

7. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Was I dreaming or did I see an ad somewhere (magazine?) for just such an app?

8. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    There already is a My NBA Team app. We just need an NHL one now.

9. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    Really? Guess I need to check more often.

10. orbit626

orbit626 Cool Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Michigan
    Nope, not dreaming. Its in the newest issue of Access magazine. It seems it wont be available until opening day of the season though. Kinda sucks that we have to wait, but at least we are finally getting one!

11. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    So you've seen an image of a My NHL Team app in the Access magazine?

12. orbit626

orbit626 Cool Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Michigan
    Yep. It's on page 15 of the October issue in the "Know it all" section. It shows the Penguins app.

The opening of the article says:

"Once the puck drops on the NHL season October 7th, you can follow your favorite team with scores, schedules, and stats right on your TV - even while another program is heating up your screen."

Features included are:
    Schedule
    Game Summaries
    Team Leaders
    League standings

13. codespy

codespy Packers or Bust!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I can get apps to work on just ONE of my receivers, and it's one of my 24's. It is so frustrating.

When I can get more than one IRD to pick up apps, then I can focus on this request and potentially more apps.

14. codespy

codespy Packers or Bust!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Correction....I just tried the one receiver I had that Apps work on 75% of the time.....Apps not working.

I rebooted and waited 10 minutes.....Apps not working.

I press right arrow.....and after 5 minutes Apps still do not load up.

Everything else works fine.

15. spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    After reading here about NHL&NBA app I checked last evening and found at the App store one for NBA listed under just added list.This is great for me to follow the Sixers like I, do with the Phillies since I live in Comcast controlled broadcasts in Phila. area. By the way for NHL fans didn,t see one yet for them which seems strange since they start up this week .

16. jayman9207

jayman9207 Mentor

Sep 14, 2010
    I second this request as well but only after my TV Apps start working! I have never gotten the to work at all yet!

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Great! I can't wait. I wonder why they're waiting until the start of the regular season?

18. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Put me into the want column too.

19. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    +1

20. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    I'd like to see it too, for everyone here, but I wouldn't use it myself for a couple of reasons. First, living on the West Coast and having a long day/four day work week, I have to save my games on the DVR (and go into news/twitter blackout) until Friday when I have time to catch all of the Isles games from the week. Second, since TV Apps is so flaky and slow, I can pull out my Pre and access the NHL Scores app much more quickly and reliably.