1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TVersity Version Available - Audio Streaming Added for HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by packfan909, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 8, 2007 #1 of 21
    packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    Good Day All,

There is a new version of TVersity Media Server. This version includes some HR20 specific improvements:

Version 0.9.10.8 (October 8, 2007)

• Support for new devices and platforms
      • Podcasts and featured radio stations now work with the DirecTV HR20, and this device is now automatically detected.
      • Windows Media Center is now supported (requires Media Center on the PC running TVersity). To see this new feature check the new start menu option at Start -> Program -> TVersity Media Server -> TVersity tools -> TVersity for Windows Media Center.
      • Active-TV is supported (requires Active-TV software on the PC running TVersity). To see this new feature check the new start menu option at Start -> Program -> TVersity Media Server -> TVersity tools -> TVersity for activeTV.
    • Bug fixes and minor enhancements
      • Apple iPhone CSS fix for firmware 1.1.1.
      • Nested RSS feeds are now correctly refreshed.
      • AAC are now played natively on Sony PS3 and are no longer transcoded.
      • Installation to a different location than before, now works.
      • The TVersity codec pack is now included with the TVersity installer.
      • Additional sample video, photos, and audio feeds (including YouTube) are included with the TVersity installer.
      • Recognize the file extensions SHN (Shorten) and AT3 (Atrac3), these can be transcoded only if the relevant DirectShow filters are installed.
      • New icons are included, courtesy of Dylan Wreggelsworth.
    Go to www.tversity.com to download this latest version.

pf

2. Oct 8, 2007 #2 of 21
    Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON!

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 21
    TMullenJr

TMullenJr Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I have what is probably a stupid question. I have a lot of music that was loaded onto my PC via iTunes using the Apple Lossless codec. The files have a .m$a extension. Will TVersity see these files?

4. Oct 8, 2007 #4 of 21
    packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    Nothing loaded via lossless. For a while, I was encoding using AAC. and those were playing on TVersity. Not Music Store stuff.

I am also curious if the new AppleStore+ files work on TVersity? Since they are not protected you would think they will work.

pf

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 21
    oakwcj

oakwcj Lower Echelon

Sep 28, 2006
    The "featured" audio feeds, under the main audio menu, such as BBC World Service, now work. There is a slight -- 5-10 second -- delay before the audio stream begins playing.

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 21
    Radio Enginerd

Oct 5, 2006
    5-10 seconds is pretty standard for buffering.

In regards to m4p and m4a files. I'd be HIGHLY surprised if m4p files (purchased music through iTunes) ever plays in Tversity.

Apple has kept their DRM pretty tight lipped and I imagine it will stay that way.

7. Oct 9, 2007 #7 of 21
    packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    I have another update. An admin over at TVersity has helped fix problems with podcasts not playing properly. Also, some promising news about adding our own streams. Info follows below:

Yes, you will be able to add your own streams soon.
    Here is what you need to do to make podcasts works:

- Open a file called config.xml
    - Find the section that says:
    Code:
    <mimetypeList>
    <mimetype value="audio/aacp" readHeaderOnline="false"/>
    <mimetype value="audio/mpeg" readHeaderOnline="false"/>
    </mimetypeList>

- Change the last false to true so the end result should be:
    Code:
    <mimetypeList>
    <mimetype value="audio/aacp" readHeaderOnline="false"/>
    <mimetype value="audio/mpeg" readHeaderOnline="true"/>
    </mimetypeList>

- Save the file and restart TVersity. Any podcast you add now will work. Existing podcasts will work if you recreate the library (there is such an option in the advanced menu of the GUI).

Link to thread:

http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?p=33925#33925

pf

8. Oct 9, 2007 #8 of 21
    Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
  9. Oct 9, 2007 #9 of 21
    kwalker962

kwalker962 Mentor

Oct 4, 2007
    I cant really get good information off their site. How do you get the pics or music to load from your pc to your hr20-700?

10. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    There are a lot of good resources here on DBSTalk like the thread linked in the above post.

The short answer is the following:

- Install TVersity on your PC
    - Add the folders that contain your Music and Photos to the Sharing Tab on TVersity's control panel.
    - Refresh the media library and you should start to see the Music and Photo's link.

I would start with the network resources listed above to ensure that your HR20 is connected to your network and the internet. Once you have done that, it should be easy to get TVersity set up. Use the Information Resources area of this site for your support. There are many people who have completed this. We can help you as best as possible.

Good luck!

pf

11. Radio Enginerd

Oct 5, 2006
    Great suggestions PackFan! You also want to log into your network router and ensure you have uPNP enabled as well as not all routers have it enabled by default. Also make sure you have Windows Firewall disabled OR insure you have it set to allow exemptions.

If you have a router w/ firewall you probably want to just turn off Windows Firewall IMO.

12. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Does the HR20 display "Tversity" as one of the options after I select Computers from the media menu? For some reason it seems to only see WMP 11 and not Tversity (even though Tversity shows up under my Slimserver.

13. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    I believe the computer name is the first thing that is listed. If you have WMP11 active as well, it will show the PC name twice. Make the PC name smaller so you can see the name of the Server. TVersity will show up like this...

SERVERNAME TVersity Media Server (I usually see SERVER TV)

Hope that helps!

pf

14. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
  15. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    It still won't play a url feed thoguh....:(

16. Kentstater

Kentstater Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Set it up yesterday, works great.

I had tried a month ago or so with no luck, but it worked fine this time with the new version.

17. cdhesse

cdhesse New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    I'm trying to get SHN files to play through Tversity and my HR10-100S machine running the national release. Since I have had trouble with the newest Tversity release not adding files to my library I'm currently using version 09_10_8a. I have installed DirectShow .SHN Filter and SHN files play in Windows Media Player (11) normally, however when I try to access the files through Tversity (in any way) they do not play. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

18. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    No - you're not missing anything. There is only one DirectShow filter that exists and I don't think it works with TVersity - I think thats a known issue. The best person to ask is Ronen over at TVersity's forum.

Since you are using shn I am assuming shows - you probably want to convert to FLAC which does work (after transcoding of course).

19. radamo

radamo Legend

Nov 13, 2003
    Thanks to all for recommending this app. WMP 11 would not let my HR20 play my AAC files from iTunes. Last year I imported my entire CD collection in iTunes and used AAC encoding. I thought I was going to have to convert everything to MP3 for the H20 to be able to play them. With TVersity it converts my music on the fly to whatever seems to be needed for the HR20. Woo hoo... This is great free software.

RA

20. greencat

greencat Cool Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Can I play video stored on my PC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.