1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New York Tampa Baty HD Game Screwed up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by brucegrr, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Another HD baseball game...........another comedy of errors.

Tonights comedy is filled with jerky video and the sound is out of synch with the video.

Someone please tell me it is going to get better? We do pay money for the privilege of watching these games.

I am the resident TV quality critic in my house. When my wife, who thinks every program looks great.............is spotting the problems with some of the baseball broadcasts, it tells me there is a real problem.

Bruce

2. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    I just got off the phone ....no clue .... and to top it off I am not getting the game on 97 (they have never had to use 97 in Tampa) but tonight the Heat game is on Sunsports on 96 and the drays should be on 97 and then when the 94 feed was bad I could just try 97 but no luck .... 2 hd feeds simultaneously seem to equal problems every single time!!!

3. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    The Guide showed 3 channels the game was on in my area; channels 94, 730, and 731. I set up a recording on ch. 94 and when I got to watch, there's nothing there. I go to ch. 94 and it says "Not Available in Your Area", ditto for 730. 731 was just a black screen. Nice going D*.

4. SG24

SG24 AllStar

Jul 12, 2006
    In NY you probably had it on YES (622), no?

5. mocciat

mocciat Icon

Oct 17, 2006

I also noticed the jerky video on 730 very poor.

It was only on 730. I had 731 set to record because thats what was in the guide last night but nothing.

I have resorted to recording both SD and HD channels just to be sure. Not to mention duplicating the recordings on my other 2 HR20's and my R15.

6. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    This was clearly a problem with the EI retransmission in MPEG2, the version on YES-HD (MPEG4 on the NY Spot) was perfect.

7. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    They took the FSN Florida feed last night thats why you were blacked out.

8. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Not relevant. The broadcast used (as DCSholtis mentioned) was FSN Florida, not YES. From what I can tell by talking with others today, this was a problem with the broadcast itself and not DirecTV (same issues were seen on other providers).

Doesn't make it any less frustrating. It was a poor excuse for a broadcast.

9. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    You know, I wonder if it would be possible for DirecTV to add the source of each broadcast on 94/95 (aka 730/731) to the guide details; i.e., which RSN will be used.

It would help people figure out whether they'll be able to see the game (or why they might be getting blacked out). At least the people who are reasonably clued-in to the blackout rules.

10. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    It would help. Maybe I should have taken the clue that it was on ch. 94, but if it had said that it was a TB RSN brdcst. in the Guide, that would remove all doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.