1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbe Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mrnikeswsh, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrnikeswsh

mrnikeswsh Cool Member

Jun 2, 2004
    I hope this doesn't sound stupid. But I recently purchased a DishNetwork system. I'm not even sure of the model number of my receive. It is a receiver that can control 2 rooms from 1 box. The second remote is a RF remote.

Anyway, I had some problems the first 2 weeks where I needed to reset the receiver by holding the POWER button for a few seconds then the unit would reboot.

This problem seems to have fixed it self. Does the unit download "firmware" updates as well at night?

I also had a problem with my caller ID showing the wrong number sometimes. It would show the name of the previous caller!

Brian Z

2. mattb

mattb Legend

Apr 29, 2002
    If the unit is off and Dish Network has sent a firmware update, yeah, it will download it.

welcome to DBSTalk =)

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Dish has two receivers that fit your description the 322/522. The 522 just updated to L168 so that is probably what you have and what maybe improving your receiver.

4. mrnikeswsh

mrnikeswsh Cool Member

Jun 2, 2004
    so...they do send "updates". Ok..I just like solutions to my problems. This one seems to "FIX ITSELF" without me doing anything. As long as I know they probably sent an update. I'm happy.

brian Z

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Note that BOTH the Green AND Blue lights on the box must be off for it to be in stand-by. Stand-by is what most people call 'off', but these boxes do not actually turn off. It must be left plugged in, too - do NOT turn it off via a wall switch or 'clapper' type device.

6. mrnikeswsh

mrnikeswsh Cool Member

Jun 2, 2004
    I do put the unit in standby. However, we like to fall asleep using a sleep timer on the TV. So, the receiver usually isn't in standby until early morning when we wake up and go to work. Unless there is a way for a sleep timer on the receiver?

brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.