1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie here

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by shocker, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shocker

shocker Banned User

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm new to this forum, and i was wondering about the installation of the superdish. I need to mount the dish on a pole and was wondering if i need to buy one. If so what kind. If dishnetwork does supply the do they charge extra or a monthly rental fee. I had heard that you can use pvc for a pole mount. One and one half inch schedule 40.

2. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    If the E* RSP does the install they are supposed to supply the pole. If a retailer does it, they can charge you for the pole. For a Type 1 SD, you need a 2" O.D. pipe, prefeablely 7 feet long and 3 feet in the ground with at least a 60 lb bag of concrete. With a Type 2 SD, you can use a 2 3/8" O.D. pipe same deal. I actually use a heavy duty galvanized exhaust pipe for Type 1 installs. They are very strong and cost me about $17 at carquest. For a type 2, you can use a fence post, but I would pour more concrete into the pipe to strengthen it. Good luck.

3. shocker

shocker Banned User

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.