1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie; lost locals frequency?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by akaArturoK, Jun 24, 2011.

1. akaArturoK

akaArturoK New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    As a brand new (one week) Dish customer, I am wondering how frequently the system loses the locals-via-satellite. It happened during our installation and again this evening, six days later. We are having no weather events just now. If this is typical, I will have to find another supplier.

2. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi and welcome to DBSTalk! You should not be losing your locals like this. I am sending you a PM and I will see how I can help you! Thank you!

3. akaArturoK

akaArturoK New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Thanks. I have responded to your message. I also would note that there may have been a storm in Greenville SC when the locals vanished and I suspect that is where our uplink is. I seem to be getting a signal strength from sat 61.5 of 43. The number seems constant but the bar graph varies somewhat. Given the error message of "we know this is happening," I would bet the problem is with the uplink not at our house. That is if the message isn't BS, of course.

4. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Yes, the message that pops up is what we call an Outage Slate and it only shows up when the receiver loses the local (spotbeam) signal. This is generally weather related at the uplink itself.

5. akaArturoK

akaArturoK New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Thanks for all the help