1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Newbie Question Re: Program Guides

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Leftcoastdave, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    How does a DirecTivo receive the program guide information? Is it downloaded via satellite or must one connect the device to a telephone line or broadband connection as is required by ReplayTV?

I am new to the world of TiVo, or at least I will be when my much anticipated HDR250 arrives later this month, hence the above question.

Thanks,

Dave

2. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    No, the phone line is only for software updates and PPV. It gets EPG info off of the satellite feed. broadband can not be used with this unit as it comes from DirecTV. No DirecTivo has the ability to do what ReplayTV can, in terms of sharing files/shows with other units. Tivo's Home Media option may be turned on later, but who knows? that is worst part of a DirecTivo.

3. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Thanks. That is sort of what I surmised.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.