1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Newbie question re: RSNs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by RMBittner, Sep 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RMBittner

RMBittner Legend

Mar 28, 2011
    I'm guessing that variations of this question have been asked/answered before, but I haven't found them. So please bear with me if you all have been through this before.

I'll be signing up for DirecTV's Premiere package just as soon as they release the new HDTiVo units. (It's looking like the end of September at this point. Fingers crossed.) So I'm not a customer yet.

But I'm curious: I'm living in Michigan, but I grew up near St. Louis, MO, and am a huge Cardinals baseball fan. I currently subscribe to MLB.com (on iPad) to watch all of the games. Will I, as a Michigan-based "Eastern" subscriber, really have access to all of the regional Fox Sports networks -- including FSNMidwest (home of the Cardinals) -- or do you not get all of the RSNs listed in the channel lineup on DirecTV's home page? I'm thinking maybe you only get the ones that apply to your part of the country?

Or is this where things like MLB Extra Inning come into play?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Bob

2. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    Out-of-market MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL games are blacked out on the RSNs. Without MLB Extra Innings, you will not see Cardinals games.

3. RMBittner

RMBittner Legend

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know.

So...I guess it'll be MLB Extra Innings next year.

Bob

4. Grafixguy

Grafixguy Godfather

Mar 15, 2008
    You'll have access to them if you pay for them with the sports pack. But, as already mentioned you'll be blacked out of pro sports unless you sub to the sports package for your sport of choice, in this case Extra Innings.