1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mxd, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxd

mxd Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    Just had Slimline, HR20-700, and 3 standard receivers installed today. Install went great, no problems whatsoever.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up series record, my wife loves American Idol and will not rest until she knows she won't miss it!!!

I do a search for American Idol, and it finds 3 occurences for it, but none of them on the channel I need. In my case, I need it to record from channel 28-1, an OTA channel. Could some one possibly tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in adnavce for the help.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Have you scanned for your OTA channels yet?

3. mxd

mxd Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    Yes I have, and they are all there.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The only other thing I can think of is that it takes 24 hours for the guide to be completely loaded. Check and see if you can do it tomorrow.

5. Tiebmbr

Tiebmbr Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    Could also be possible that not all of your guide data is loaded yet...give it a day or so. Otherwise make sure you dig into your favorite channels to make sure the guide is showing your local HDs via the SAT, it sounds like you're only seeing your OTA channels (the "-1" designating a DT station).

When you do get the guide data properly loaded up, find Idol in the grid and press record twice, (you'll probably have to do it for the two days it's on this week), that will set it up to record the series for both nights it's on. You should go into the to do list and make sure that it's set to go, but that should do it for you!

6. mxd

mxd Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    Thanks all, will give it a couple days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.