1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Took The Leap

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by JohnD33, Jul 17, 2010.

1. JohnD33

JohnD33 New Member

May 30, 2010
    OK. Yesterday the Directv installer was here to set up my connected home. So now I have the following:
    1. Existing HD DVR, HR21-700
    2. New HD DVR HR24-100
    3. New HD receiver H24-100
    4. No internet connection.

Here is my question. Number 3 can schedule and view recordings on Number 2. However, Number 1 can't see Number 2 or be seen by 2 or 3. The installer said that overnight it would "fix itself". Still is not working. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Is there a DECA unit connected to the back of the HR21-700.

It should be in-line with the satellite in feed. A short CAT5 jumper should be attached from the DECA unit to the Ethernet 1 port on the back of the receiver.

No other Ethernet should be connected. I had a service call where the tech didn't hook up the short ethernet jumper.

3. JohnD33

JohnD33 New Member

May 30, 2010
    I checked and there is a Deca with the ethernet jumper connected. The ethernet jumper on the receiver end has a light on it. There is also a SWIM ODU only box that is connected. It has ac power connected to it. Still seems like this HR21-700 is not seeing anything or being seen.
    Thanks.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The HR21 & 24s are a bit tough to see each other when there isn't a router DECA to tell them.
    They are having to use their own IP addresses and then search for each other. The 24 addresses are closer to each other than the HR21's, so yes it does take "a while".
    What do the info screens show for your receivers under the network?

IP ??
    network "connected"
    etc.