1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Charlie Chat - Monday 4/11/05

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mark Lamutt, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 6, 2005 #1 of 34
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Don't forget, the next Charlie Chat is scheduled for this coming Monday, the 11th. What'll be talked about? I would think that they would have to start talking about the DVR-942 in this one.

And you can bet that we'll be talking about whatever they talk about in our DBSTalk Charlie Chat, starting a half hour or so before the airing. Hope to see you there!

2. Apr 6, 2005 #2 of 34
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Dish ch 101, 9pm EDT

3. Apr 7, 2005 #3 of 34
    larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    Hey Mark, is there anyway you can use your contants to submit a list of questions from here at DBSTalk for a charlie chat. I realize it may be too late for this one.............And we could weed out all the questions there are already answers for..

4. Apr 8, 2005 #4 of 34
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Sure, go ahead and post them in this thread. I'll send them in on Monday, although there's no guarantee that any of them will be used...

5. Apr 8, 2005 #5 of 34
    Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Ah... - This time of the month again... :D

6. Apr 8, 2005 #6 of 34
    alebowgm

alebowgm Hall Of Fame

Jun 12, 2004
    Dear Charlie Chat,

Ever since CNNfn has ceased operations, there has been a gap in my news programming that has not been filled. Does Dish Network have any plans or information that they can provide as to any forthcomming news programming such as CNN-international, CBC Newsworld, BBC News, etc?

7. Apr 8, 2005 #7 of 34
    alebowgm

alebowgm Hall Of Fame

Jun 12, 2004
    Dear Charlie Chat,

Why is it that when I look at the EPG for MLB Extra Innings, there are some games (which are not being broadcasted nationally on Fox, ESPN or any other station) that are not listed? An example of this was Game 3 of the Blue Jays vs. Devil Rays series which was not available in the Multisports Package or in MLB Extra Innings.

8. Apr 8, 2005 #8 of 34
    subfish

subfish Cool Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Hopefully he will give a status update on Erie, PA locals.

Soon as they are up I am going to get DISH :)

It will Be good to say Bye Bye Adelphia

9. Apr 8, 2005 #9 of 34
    News Junky

News Junky Icon

Mar 16, 2005
    Dear Charlie,

If subscribers currently have network stations in their home market is being able to subscribe to DNS a lost cause? Despite the legal mumbo jumbo many people still wish to view the local content on out of town network stations even if the channel must be blocked when network programming is carried. Others are not happy with the service of the local network affiliates. Still others prefer to access DNS for other reasons from business travel to simple schedule convenience.

· Is it possible for you to offer distant market network stations on an on/off schedule or by using some sort of network programming sensor trigger to protect the copyrights of local affiliates but still offer the local programming of DNS?

· Can your legal team suggest to congress, the NAB and other interested parties an option of having your subscribers pay a fair royalty fee to their local stations to compensate the station for loss potential advertising revenue for permission to subscribe to Distant Network Stations? For example if a local CBS station serves a market of 1 million households and generates 50 million dollars in annual gross revenue it would seem fair to pay the local CBS station $50.00 or more per year for permission to watch CBS stations from other cities in addition to their own. Since NFL games contain special blackout rules football games would have to be blocked out but most other programming viewable.

Thank you for listening to and caring about the concerns of your subscribers. You rock!

10. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    Thanx for trying Mark. Now I just need to think of something............ :D

11. Sparkman87

Sparkman87 Legend

Apr 27, 2002
    Newsworld International will be shut down 7/31.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Dear C Ergen

Please fill in the blank ---
    Name Based Recording for 50x/510 - Available on: ________

Also - Make comments on Voom shutting down. Try not to gloat.

JL

13. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Dear Santa.... :D

14. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    Dear Charlie,

DTV says it plans to have HD Locals for the 12 largest DMAs this year...Does Dish have any plans for these DMAs?

15. brycekholt

brycekholt Mentor

Mar 21, 2005
    Charilie,
    Any updates or plans to add CSTV or ESPNU by the time of the college football season in Sept? I am a huge college football fan and would like to add these in addition to getting the ESPN college football subscription.

Thanks!

Bryce in Twin Falls ID

PS thanks for the locals here in Twin Falls, your working to put the cable company out of business!!

16. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Charlie said last month he never heard of ESPNU. Guess he doesn't watch ESPN.

17. leegart

leegart Legend

Dec 18, 2004
    Can you add to the list whether there is any prospect of bringing back CNN-International? I called to ask that question two Charlie Chats ago and didn't get past the screener.:nono2:

18. alebowgm

alebowgm Hall Of Fame

Jun 12, 2004
    Dear Charlie,

Is there any chance that you may be able to expand the Sirius stations which are provided on Dish to some of the other content stations from Traffic to Weather to Talk Shows to Siruis Sports Radio ?

19. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    This is an easy one. There was no TV for that game.

Also, if the game is not on a US Regional Sports Network, it will not be in MLB Extra Innings.

Games on YES Network are not included in the DISH Network version of MLB Extra Innings either.

20. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Dear Charlie ...
    Why did you show the CSN+ Cubs game on 629 and block me out? I'm in CSN Chicago territory and couldn't watch the game!

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.