1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Next Iron Chef Redemption?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by t_h, Oct 29, 2012.

1. t_h

t_h Icon

Mar 7, 2008
    I see the promo's advertising this show on 11/4, but when I look at the guide data for the food network for 11/4, it shows NIC from 2010.

Is the guide data wrong or is this actually an old show being repurposed?

2. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    Guide data is wrong. Don't always trust the date attached to what you see in the guide.

3. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Just for confirmation, I have Dish and it's showing for 9 pm central on my guide for 11/4.
    Info is: "(2012) The remaining 8 chefs have thirty minutes to turn pickles into a snack for a field trip. New. Season Premiere." Don't know why it says "remaining," but it definitely shows as a new season. :D

4. jceman

jceman Legend

Aug 20, 2007
    North of...
    That blurb is from the prior (2010) season and is the same as DirecTV's guide is showing. Though you are showing new season premeire, it still has the info from last one. Tribune needs to get its act together.

5. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Short battery life on my mobile devices and incorrect guide data are 2 things that annoy me more than they probably should.

6. bigglebowski

bigglebowski Legend

Jul 27, 2010
    First world problems

7. jceman

jceman Legend

Aug 20, 2007
    North of...
    Funny thing is, just about an hour after I made my original post, the data was correct in the guide.

8. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Yup. I am annoyed that I sometimes allow such trivialities to annoy me. But then again, sites like this are filled with first world problem threads.