1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NFL Breast Cancer Awarness Gear

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Fontano, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    Does anyone know if the NFL will be selling (with proceedes going to charity), the Breast Cancer Awarness Gear that all the players were wearing this past weekend?

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    That would be cool.

3. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I don't know but I thought it was really cool. I was disappointed that everyone didn't participate (and that Harbaugh exchanged his special cap for a regular one when the game didn't go his way).

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    The Brady Rules were in full affect. I wasn't happy with those game changing calls. :nono2:

:backtotop The pink was cool. They are selling it: http://www.nflshop.com/category/ind...290&ab=CMS_HP_Breast_Cancer_Awareness_9.27.09

5. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Rules is rules, friend. This article quite precisely articulates the point: Where was the outrage when the rule was put on the books in March? It's as if to say "the rule is okay, just so long as it's not called against my team." As a Pats fan living in Baltimore it's all I've been hearing today on the radio, TV, random people on the street... Kinda annoying.

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It was a ridiculous rule in March, too. A bump into a QBs leg is roughing the passer? C'mon! It's a judgment call that is to be made with discretion. He got blocked, stumbled, BRUSHED his knee.

Clayton's drop was the worst lol.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Back to topic...

I liked the pink. I was actually hoping someone would have went with a full-on pink helmet! We've already had the lime green and last night the bee yellow on Pittsburgh... I think the pink worked, and if it helps the cause all the better.

I bet they could raise a good bit of money selling off some actual-worn pink gear from this weekend.

8. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Good idea. ;)

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/