1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL: Giants/Bears make NFL History; Game moving to primetime

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Earl Bonovich, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Giants/Bears game moving to prime time
    Source: http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/236742/detail.html

2. ruesch37

ruesch37 AllStar

Sep 14, 2006
  3. bslowey

bslowey AllStar

Dec 26, 2005
    Da-Bears suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go G-Men!!!!!!!!!!

4. DougRuss

DougRuss Legend

Oct 16, 2005
    Da- Bears !!!!!!!!:D

G.Men ( Garbage Men) :D

5. loudog2

loudog2 AllStar

Jun 22, 2006
    Go bears!! I read that they are going to bump 2-3 more games. Definitely the Minnesota game is moved to sunday night. Also, they might bump the New England game too. And depending on the record some more at the end of the season. The network can move up to 6 games for one team.

6. bluedogok

bluedogok Godfather

Sep 8, 2006
    On NFL Live tonight on ESPN they stated the Cowboys-Giants game set a record for most viewed show ever on "cable". It beat out the NAFTA debate between Gore and Perot for that distinction.

I thought that kind of odd.

7. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I am a Bears Fan..

But I really don't want them to bump THAT many games...

I can't go too many Sunday afternoons with out Da' Bears

And if they continue to do that... they will get the rest of the country AGAINST the Bears even more so.

There are other deserving teams of the primetime slot as well.

I know here in Chicago we give NY and East Coast teams a beating because they always see to have the Network broadcasts and evening broadcasts for Baseball and Basketball....

And seem to have more "visibility" on say ESPN and stuff like that.

So keep it fair... I understand that the Bears are hot right now and it will pull go raitings... but damm... you don't want to burn it out... Football is pretty damm popular and I am sure there are some other compelling games that the nation would like to watch.

8. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    So do you guys think we'll see a new version of the Super Bowl Shuffle this year? Do any of you remember that? :D

9. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Most definenlty remember it... and you will probably NOT see a new official version of it.

There have been plenty of "YouTube" type versions though already.
    Most of the sports radio stations here have already been stupidly doing it.

They are only 6-0.... that is not even half way throught he season yet.

10. jimbo09

jimbo09 Godfather

Sep 26, 2006
    I think there is a two game limit per team, along with the other FOX/CBS protection rules. So, don't expect them to pull the Bears every week now:nono2: .

If they remain undefeated thru week 11, then they may pull the Week 12 Bears/Pats game.

After that, their schedule is weak.

11. rpl47

rpl47 Cool Member

Aug 20, 2006
    I'm a huge GIANTS fan. Season ticket holder....avid tailgater as well. I'm glad to see this game bumped up to prime time. Madden is right...there's something great about GIANTS vs. BEARS...it just sounds like football. Sorry Earl, but my prediction: GIANTS 23 BEARS 14

12. Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave Legend

Oct 13, 2006
    Bears vs Giants, nice matchup. I applaud the descision of the NFL to implement the flex schedule. If you are fan of the NFL you got to love it. Its the equivelant of a 14 point turnarund IMO. :) :up:

13. jimbo09

jimbo09 Godfather

Sep 26, 2006
    Their lead-in show is decent, too. Less hype than MNF.

The announcers on NBC are good, too. Madden actually comments on the game.

I don't think Tony Kornheiser on ESPN even watches the game. He just acts like this is an extension of his opinion show Pardon the Interruption.

Can wait, hope both teams win out the next two weeks, so it will be 8-0 vs 6-2.

If not, it'll wind up being another "Bears don't play anybody good" story.

We're not ND! :lol:

BTW, I know the Giants are good

14. agreer

agreer Godfather

Apr 7, 2006
    Why buy ST if they can just pull all he good matchups to night games?

15. jimbo09

jimbo09 Godfather

Sep 26, 2006
    There are a number of reasons NOT to buy NFL ST. If you mostly watch your local team, are a casual fan, or are happy with the number of games on the networks and basic cable channels, then you should NOT buy it.

There are going to be five games per week NOT on NFL ST(1 on NFLN, 3 on FOX/CBS, 1 on NBC, 1 on ESPN) after Thanksgiving. That's a 1/3 of the schedule.

The number one reason I buy it is to watch Da Bears every week.

Number two: I want to choose what else I can watch.

16. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    While I agree with that statement.

The real #1 reason why ST is purchased...
    So you can what your local team, when you are no longer in the local market.

Which would be the reason why I would purchase it, if I didn't live in the Chicago area.... but since I do... I find it really difficult to drop the $300 on it.

I just take the 4,5,6 games we get to see each week.

17. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Another factor, when the network sometimes switches to a game they deem more exciting than the one you want to see, is pretty irritating to someone who is trying to follow a particular team. At least it irritates ME.