1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Network Games in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dshu82, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    I did not have HD during last football season. Did D* broadcast any of the games on NFL Network in HD? Any chance the Hall of Fame game (I know its preseason, but us Steeler fans need to check out our new coach!) will be available in HD?

2. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    When is the HOF game?

The issue here is DTV is not going to have the NFL Network in HD until their new satellite is operational in September. The satellite is getting to its testing spot as we type -- and then will be moved to its final location shortly there after. It was launched just short of a few weeks ago...

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    DIRECTV did broadcast the NFL Network games in HD on channel 95 last year.

4. dpfaunts

dpfaunts Godfather

Oct 17, 2006
  5. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Hall of Fame game is on Sunday August 5, 2007 at 8 PM EDT on NFL Network.
    Should be no Baseball to contend with for the use of Channel 95.

Induction Ceremony is on Saturday.

6. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Yes indeed. Forgot about that.

7. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    Don't forget, with the new sat up, NFL network HD is supposed to be 1 of the first new HD channels added.....that has been stated for September rollout?????

8. ckeegan

ckeegan Cool Member

Mar 4, 2007
    I wasn't with D* for the last football season either, and I'm happy to finally have NFL Network at all (Charter didn't). Why isn't NFL Network HD one of those listed in the press release where D* lists the new HD channels coming in September? Do you have any other info that would support your comment that NFL Network HD is supposed to be one of the 1st?

PS - I am a huge Steeler fan as well, and although I think Sunday Ticket is a great product, it would be great to be able to purchase an entire season of your favorite team. Dreaming, I know, but that would be awesome.

9. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Here We Go Steelers!

10. RegGeek

RegGeek Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    D* confirmed NFL Network HD back in May. This link takes you to a press release with it listed among the coming HD channels. I can't speak to the timing of it, but it is a for sure channel.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1006125&highlight=

11. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Go Saints, Go! :lol:

Seriously, I watched EVERY game on the NFL Network last season in HD on channel 95. :)

12. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    The HOF game is this coming Sunday, 5 August; Saints vs. Steelers.

Last year was the first football season with HD and the NFL Network games were broadcast on Channel 95. It was hit or miss, though, as the Dallas-Atlanta game was late getting there and the Denver-Kansas City game did not get recorded despite setting it up manually.

It will be nice to see the NFL Network with its own HD channel.

:goodjob:

13. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    Does this mean that Gumbell is doing the game? That really sucks he is the worst of all time. I probably won't watch I can't stand that guy

14. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Gumble is/was AWFUL, I remember him saying the "shot clock" expired during the falcons/cowboys game! just terrible...

15. APorter

APorter AllStar

May 31, 2007
    You could always WATCH with the tv on mute.

16. Skooz

Skooz Legend

Jul 20, 2007
    He's the worst ever. I just turned down the sound when he was calling the KC-Denver game last year. I recorded it and watched it a few times, and was astonished that a professional broadcaster could be so terrible, so often, in such a short amount of time.

Surely, he has been replaced.

17. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Here's to the HOF game being in HD on 95! I keep looking at the guide but it's still not listing anything on 95 that far in advance. And, oh yes, Here we go Steelers!

18. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I don't believe he has been replaced at least I haven't heard anything.

19. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    No, Mumblemouth...I mean Gumbel is still doing NFL Network games alongside Mr Cardboard, Cris Collingsworth.

20. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    And don't come back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.