1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL RedZone now active

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by nmetro, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 #1 of 31
    nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
    NFL RedZeone is now active on channel 155 (SD and HD). Right now there is only a slate being displayed. It is also on 4155, 6199, 9467 (mapped down to 155).

This news from the Ulink Report from SatelliteGuys.com

2. Sep 9, 2009 #2 of 31
    Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Is the slate visible to all subs or only those with Multisport?

3. Sep 9, 2009 #3 of 31
    nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
  4. Sep 9, 2009 #4 of 31
    shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Channel currently available to ALL subscribers. Just has an NFL Network banner on it right now w/ info on how to order.

Now it says to order, call the number an its just $5.99 a month (*with Classic Silver). So the wording makes it sound like its a seperatly orderable channel an not part of Multi sport as no mention is made of Multi sport. hmmmmmm

5. bruin95

bruin95 Godfather

Apr 23, 2006
    I have the multi-sport pak and I don't see the channel in my guide.

6. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Are you on Classic Silver or higher?

7. bootman

bootman Cool Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I see it and I'm a bronze-plus with sports multi pack.

8. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    the dishnetwork.com/nflredzone webpage, seems to be offline at the moment, when you go to the multisports page, you do see this
    "Introducing NFL RedZone — the channel that will change your Sundays forever. Subscribe to Multi-Sports and receive NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network and 29 local sports networks." They should mention college football, as you see more of that on the mutisports channels than anything else. So tune in Sunday

9. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    But you won't Sunday.

10. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Interesting (!) since you're not "Silver". You'll find out for sure come 1:00 PM (EDT) on Sunday whether it's ACTIVE for you or not. You "could" upgrade to Silver for only the length of the football season if push comes to shove. Probably could handle that online and avoid a CSR.

11. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Everybody will be able to see it now, as a way to get people to upgrade. Come Sunday, it will disappear on them. They are making it pretty clear, that its for Classic Silver and above.

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If it is a good channel, they'd be smart to let week 1 be free for everyone.

IF they don't have confidence in the quality of the channel, then probably good not to give a sneak peek.

13. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Hmm,
    Isn't this the same guy who says it cheapens a NETWORK to offer it for free?!?!?! Sounds like somebody who wants, it but doesn't want to change packages for if.

Just teasing you, PLEASE DO NOT take in any other way.
    :D

14. DishChatter

DishChatter New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Yeah. I noticed I had the RedZone too. Think it'll be down this wkd?
    [​IMG]

15. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No offense taken... but I can actually explain the apparent 180 degree position...

For Versus, an established existing channel... Dish is only offering it for free now to poke DirecTV in the eye for recently dropping it during a contract dispute. If you're already a Dish customer then you're likely already paying for a package with Versus in it if you really wanted it... so arguably Dish is lowering the value of the channel to some extent by giving it away mostly to people who are already paying for it.

Now, the flip side... NFL RedZone is a new channel, and the only way to get it is to subscribe to multisport. Multisport in the past has had next to zero value for out-of-market pro sports because of the blackout rules... so many people who want NFL RedZone would be trying multisport purely for that channel. IF Dish thinks the channel will be popular, it might be a good idea to give week 1 away to entice people to try and buy... but if the channel is less impressive, it makes more sense not to over-sell it and let people sign up to get it.

And there is the complicated reasoning behind why sometimes giving something away devalues it, while other times giving it away can enhance it :)

16. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    I still don't understand what it takes to get this channel and in HD.

Right now I see the SD version of the channel with the slate. There is no mapped down HD version yet in my guide, but there is an HD version in the 9000 range. It however is RED (not subscribed) and gives a number to subscribe.

My current package is the old HD package where I paid $20 and get all HD channels (except premiums and multisport). So I have the Americas 250 or whatever and the premium HD package. Will I not get this channel? Do I still have to add the multi sports for $5.99 to get the HD version of RedZone? I mean I probably will if I have to, but this would be kind of a unique channel then.

17. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    My current package is the old HD package where I paid $20 and get all HD channels (except premiums and multisport). So I have the Americas 250 or whatever and the premium HD package. Will I not get this channel? Do I still have to add the multi sports for $5.99 to get the HD version of RedZone? I mean I probably will if I have to, but this would be kind of a unique channel then.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you 'will' have to add the Multi Sports Pack in order to get the RedZone. You can always drop it after the football season if you like.

18. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    You may want to reboot your reciever. NFLRZ is on 9467 in the 9000's.
    Dish has made it pretty clear, on the TV add's, its going to cost you $5.99
    On the SD 155 channel, it says, $5.99 month, and the * shows it requires Classic Silver 200 or better programming.

19. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    Are they??

The only place I have seen that requirement mentioned is on THIS message board. The only requirement mentioned anywhere I can find on Dish Network's website is for the multisport package... and I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that if you are able to subscribe to multisport, you will get it regardless of your base package.

20. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Have you gone to channel 155?!!!?
    If you haven't Please go to channel 155 at the BOTTOM of the screen you will see $5.99/month*
    *with Classic Silver 200 programming.

If you are in the guide and press info on channel 155 it says, "NFL RedZone Takes you to the hard hits and game-winning touchdowns. Subscribe now for just $5.99/mo (With Select Packages)"

If you go to dishnetwork.com/NFLredzone you will see this as well.

Requires subscription to Classic Silver 200 programming and Multi-Sports Package. Requires HD television (sold separately) and HD receiver to view channel in high - definition. Upgrade fees may apply. All prices, packages and programming subject to change without notice. Local and state sales taxes may apply. All services marks and trademarks belong to their respective owners. ©2009, DISH Network L.L.C. All rights reserved. © 2009 National Football League. Team names/logos/indicia are trademarks of the teams indicated. All NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.