1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL ST 2009 early bird special?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Machael, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    I haven't seen anything from D* on this.... Has anyone else seen or heard anything this year? I thought it usually started around draft weekend to get the discount.

TIA!

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Wow then you havnt looked at their site in the last 2-4 months. They have been running specials for awhile. Take a look.

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Yea, Early bird started soon after the Super Bowl. ;)
    And the monthly plan started Jan 1st thru end of Feb.

4. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    Doh!!

That'll teach me not to go the site LOL.... I was always turned off by the sluggishness of going there.

Thanks and I'll check it out!

5. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    I noticed NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer listed under My Programming online. It was there up until a week ago, anyone else's disappear?

6. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Yep, mine's gone too, but "2008 NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan" is still there. :rolleyes:

7. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Same here.

8. Stryker412

Stryker412 Legend

Jan 21, 2009
    I just started with D*, so now would be the best time to get it?

9. GodisGreat79

GodisGreat79 Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    from what I saw around the start of the season Directv will offer free Premier package with NFL Sunday Ticket for like $74.99 a month for 4 months to new customers, sometimes if you get the right CSR they will also offer it to current customers as well. I know alot of us had luck calling in last year to get it.

10. Stryker412

Stryker412 Legend

Jan 21, 2009
    So then it's best to wait until end of August?

11. GodisGreat79

GodisGreat79 Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    I Personally would just to see what kind of deals Directv will offer.

12. Stryker412

Stryker412 Legend

Jan 21, 2009
    So the price on their site now is not a deal? I'm not familiar with what it should cost.

13. GodisGreat79

GodisGreat79 Legend

Jun 12, 2006

Well see what happens is NFL Season is Directv biggest season as far as new customer goes, so they try to offer new customers "Special deals" to try to pull them in, so around the start of the NFL Season Directv will offer new customers the Premier Package free for 4 months if you order NFL Sunday ticket for $74.99 a month for 4 months, but Customer rentention at Directv has also been known to offer it to Current Customers also, I am not sure if it matters how long you have been a Directv customer or not cause I joined Directv in December of 2007 and I got offered the deal last season. So I don't think any of that matters.

14. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    The price on the site now is the cheapest you'll get it. It will run until end of July or so. Starting August 1st it will go up to regular price (extra 20 bucks).

But then they also start running their new customer deals where you buy Sunday Ticket you get premier for free for 4 months. They have run that deal for a few years now so it's a good bet they will again, but no guarantee. Also since you're already a customer it will be hard to get that deal unless you sweet talk the right CSR.

So if you want a guarantee of the cheapest price, order before end of July.

15. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Regarding Sunday Ticket, I'm consdering getting in on the Early Bird 5 Pay plan, but don't want it unless SuperFan is free.....my questions are these:

If I call in to add the Early Bird 5 Pay Plan to my account, will I be able to try and get the CSR to give me SuperFan for free? Or is SuperFan not available for purchase yet? Its not avail. in the Add Sports section online. :confused:

If I add the 5 Pay Plan online, and later, before the season starts, am unable to get SuperFan for free, if I cancel before the first game, will I get credited back for the $$ I've paid in or am I stuck?

16. GodisGreat79

GodisGreat79 Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you cancel Sunday Ticket before the first game of the season you will get credited back.

17. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    That is my assumption as well. I think they just say that once the season has started there are no refunds for it but not before. Also I have asked on several occasions and have been told that SuperFan is not available yet.

18. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    You'll have to negotiate free Superfan but a CSR really can't do anything until it's available for sale and in their system, usually after June 1st or so.

19. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    That is correct. Once the first game starts then you're stuck with it and cannot cancel.

20. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    Whew. Thanks for this confirmation, I jumped on the early promotion and I'm not certain my new place is going to be dish friendly.