1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Sunday Ticket - Individual Teams Only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by displacedbrett, May 27, 2009.

1. displacedbrett

displacedbrett New Member

May 27, 2009
    Hey so I have heard from a number of friends (but can't find any stories on it online) that DTV might soon offer NFL Sunday ticket packages that just encompass one team...so in my case, I love the Redskins but live in Los Angeles and have had Sunday Ticket for like 7 years or something like that...however, if I could just pay half the price of the full package to just get every Redskin game plus the ones that are shown locally anyway, I would jump all over this opportunity. Anybody know if there's any truth to this rumor? I heard this is pending the new CBA agreement in the NFL, so it would probably start in 2010.

2. displacedbrett

displacedbrett New Member

May 27, 2009
    oh also if anybody knows any truth about this rumor, would this also apply to other sports packages like NHL Center Ice? thanks.

3. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    I rather pay -$20.00 from $52.99 and watch playoff caliber teams in the second half of the season. I don't prefer DirecTV going with one team selection. If our local team still sucks, I stick to my NFL Sunday Ticket and not choose one team, DirecTV should give a 13 team selection.

4. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    I visit alot of football sites & have never ever heard a peep about this.

5. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    DirecTv will probably never offer what you suggested. It would be too hard to track down everyone's receiver and only send them the one team they are interested in week after week. NFL Sunday Ticket always will be an All Teams Package with the exception of course of the games on your Local CBS/FOX Channels. You buy one team you buy them all. Could you just imagine what kind of chaos that would be if certain people didn't receive their certain team one week. Why the Call Center phone lines would be overloaded with calls. Nope I'm afraid it's an All Teams or nothing package and that's the way it's going to stay.

6. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Yea, I have never heard of this before except on here in years past when people WANTED this

But nothing about it actually happening

7. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I would highly doubt it to. I think DirecTV would lose money if it offered the package this way. Plus who would really want to pay $99 for SuperFan for one team?

8. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I think they'll offer this package once the price for Sunday Ticket as we know it now reaches $1000/yr.

9. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    I don't want to pay $99 for superfan for all the teams!:lol:

10. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    Email to DTV: I signed up with DTV in 96. Just for one reason only. NFLST is the greatist thing ever offered. Over the years the price keeps going up. I understand that with all the new technoligy this will happen. I pay $10.00 extra a month for the HD. With the ST you charge an extra $99.00 for the HD. Maybe you could maybe offer a team package to help bring the price down on all those subscribers who only want to watch their team. I think you would get more people to subscribe. and for those who want it all
    they will stay. This current economy is tough. Depending on what offers DTV has this year with the ST. I may have to think about it long and hard. Thanks for all the great years with this product. Hopefully a team package will be offerd soon.

DTV response:Thank you for writing.

I see that you have been a loyal DIRECTV customer for many years and I would like to extend our appreciation for your continued patronage of DIRECTV.

The cost of delivering NFL SUNDAY TICKET has risen steadily over the years and DIRECTV has kept price increases to a minimum. It's still one of the best family entertainment values.

Also, NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan is an optional add-on package due to the high costs to deliver HD programming. We can't offer HD games as part of other packages because HD games are some of the most expensive programming we carry due to what we pay to distribute it and the bandwidth we use to deliver it.

In addition, NFL SUNDAY TICKET is also available on a pay per day basis. With this, you can order a full day of NFL SUNDAY TICKET action on Sundays using your remote or by calling 1-800-531-5000 (a $5.00 phone assistance fee will apply).

I've forwarded your email to DIRECTV's Management Team, who review every suggestion, inquiry and complaint for trends from our most important customers to determine what changes should be considered.

It's feedback like yours that helps us remain America's #1 Satellite provider.

We thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,

11. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Dont they have free HD with the baseball package ?

12. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    It is not just HD in the $99 Superfan....you get a ton of other stuff as well.

J

13. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Yes this year they removed the Superfan for MLB Extra Innings. But also took away the Strike Zone Channel as well.

J

14. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Well then they need to change that line in their "form letter" because they do offer free HD with other packages then.

15. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Really? When did this start? How much is it a weekend? Last year I only needed ST 2 times to watch the cowboys, this option sounds like it would save me alot of money.

16. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    They've had the pay-per-day for some time but it's a ridiculous price: $50 or something like that.

17. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I had an offer when I signed up with D* to get one day free of NFLST free and tried it. Its $44.99 for the day and you can't get the HD feed. I thought buying it by the day might be an option if your team has a few nationally televised games or if you are going to miss games due to vacations. No HD, pretty much ruled that out for me.

Even if you were satisfied with the SD feed, it’s unlikely that this would work for anyone. If you watch more then 6 weekends at $45/day throughout the season, you are better off buying the 17 week season. And after 9 weekends, you could buy the package with Superfan cheaper.