1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NFL SUNDAY TICKET WIthout BASE PACKAGE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sniller, Sep 8, 2013.

1. sniller

sniller Cool Member

Apr 8, 2011
    I have been a Directv customer since 1999. I have MLB Extra Innings and nba league pass and the sports pack without a base package. I wanted NFL Sunday Ticket without a base package and directv told me they cant sell it to me. Anybody else have this problem?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You need a Base package for NFL ST

3. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    So, I'm curious: you've been able to get MLB Extra Innings and nba league pass and the sports pack all these years without a base package? I remember back in 2000, I got NFLST without a base package. But I thought that possibility was eliminated for everything a long time ago.

4. sniller

sniller Cool Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Yes I get MLB Extra Innings NBA League Pass and the sports pack without a base package. I wanted NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice and Directv told me no way.

5. CincySaint

CincySaint AllStar

Jan 16, 2008
    I had ST without a base package for a number of years. When I tried to upgrade to HD receivers and DVRs, D* told me "not without a base package". They said I was grandfathered on the SD version but they wouldn't let me change anything.

I know that now they will not sell you ST without a base package.

6. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    what will happen when they trun off SD or move ST to HD only?

7. CincySaint

CincySaint AllStar

Jan 16, 2008
    Don't know but a number of years ago, I upgraded to HD, got base programming, and have never looked back! I love watching the NFL in HD!

8. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm sure that will be a very long time from now. I would think as long as they have any SD subs at all, they will have SD feeds of NFL ST