1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by k5cc, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k5cc

k5cc Cool Member

Nov 23, 2002
    I called Directv in May and June to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket. I was told it had
    been cancelled. It still showed up on my online programming summary. I sent an
    email yesterday and asked it be removed. I received an email today saying it would
    be cancelled and a refund made. It pays to follow up. Jack Bulverde Tx

2. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Yep, I called to cancel it, twice. Seems like they don't hear you the first time.

3. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I got is last season, my first with DirecTV, but emailed to cancel and got a reply it was. I found I just really enjoyed watching the Colts and whatever teams played the Sunday and Monday night games.

4. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Oh, I loved ST but I canceled it as a protest to what they are doing with ST-HD.

They did show a lot of Colts games at night. I watched a lot anyway. Manning and James were on my fantasy team - yeah, I won.

5. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    Ditto, the extra HD $$$ is outragous.
    Cancelled mine after 9 years.

6. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I put an antenna in the attic, to get all my locals in High Defintiton, and then canceled. At least I will see what ever games I get locally. From $189.00 to $319.00 is a little to much of an increase for 1 year. The reason I got D* was for ST, but it has gotten out of hand. Now I can look at E* and compare services.

I like Pro football but not enough to pay that kind of price for it. Sports bars are going to love this, with so many cancellations they are going to do more business this year, on Sunday afternoons.

7. wittlesvaseel

wittlesvaseel Mentor

Jul 5, 2005
    NFL ST auto-renew is 49.75. Super fan for people with autorenew is 49. Total cost :$248.

8. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    That is ridiculous for someone who has high definition to pay extra to see 8 games at once on a screen. It would be nice. But heck i watch NFL Sunday Ticket to see my favorite team which is the Bears. Yeah I know they have been weak for the past 10 or 15 years. But still I watch NFL Sunday ticket to see my favorite team. I don't understand why anyone would cancel the subscription when they can still see the games in Standard Definition at no bigger price increase than in previous years. I will not cancel my Sunday Ticket Subscription. I will continue watching the games in the standard definition just as i always have. No Sense in giving up football all together.

9. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    How can you say a $30.00 increase is no bigger than the past? I don't ever remember it being that much.

With that kind of thinking, they will go up another $30.00 next year. The only thing that will get their attention, is loss of revenue. Not a bad idea maybe all the fans should go on strike, and give it up for a year.

Sorry if I am a little harsh, but I am fed up with these increases every year. I can understand a small increase but this years increase of $79.00 or $109.00 for the same thing we had last year, how ever you want to calaculate it, ended ST for me.

Good luck to your Bears, they are due.

10. rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

The renewal price went from $179 last year to $199 this year. $199 is what I paid the first year I signed up for NFLST, so it really hasn't gone up from I originally paid.

When you consider the amount of money DirecTV is paying for NFLST, it isn't surprising that they are raising the price by $20. It only amounts to $1.17 extra for each week of the season.

11. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It is good to point out that D* does have to pay a mint to the NFL to offer it, so the NFL should get a good part of the blame. They probably thought most true football fanatics would want it at just about any cost, so they agreed to pay the highway robbery for rights that the NFL demanded for them to renew.

12. mscottiu

mscottiu New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    :mad: Evidently some of you were aware before I was that NFL ST has the Hi-Def aspect removed this year. I just found out today when I got an email telling me about their wonderful new Superfan package. That was the first time D* shared anything to me about the ST effetively being downgraded for those of us with Hi-Def. I rarely delete email messages and I went back and found no prior notification. The fact that I've already started paying (via autorenwal) for this service, and then find out that the Hi-Def has been removed is what really angers me. Tell me in advance and let me make a decision. Tell me after I've started paying for it and you've crossed a moral (and I'm wondering if not legal) line.

As a huge NFL fan, I haven't cancelled (yet). I'm trying not to do anything rash. But in reaction I did contact customer service to complain...and believe me...they are getting alot of complaints (the rep had obviously been getting many calls like mine). But I didn't just complain...I cancelled some of my services in immediate protest. I removed the Sports package, and cancelled my auto-renewal on Full Court and Mega March Madness. I might still get the Superfan add-on, but I'll be paying less this year in total to D*. I'm still considering cancelling alltogether. Customer Service matters to me, and the way D* handled this is extremely poor. :mad:

13. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I am thinking about cancelling ESPN Gameplan and NBA League Pass for next year. I will save on my Direc Tv bill this coming fall and winter

14. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I would hate to be working at D* Customer Service on the first day of the NFL season, when people thinking they have the entire ST package go to the High Definition broadcasts and find "For ordering info call cust. serv. X721", the only thing on the screen. I bet a lot of CSRs call in sick that day.
    :flaiming :box:

I don't need the NFL, hockey is back, give me Center Ice.

15. wittlesvaseel

wittlesvaseel Mentor

Jul 5, 2005
    I don't want to sound like a prig, but they can raise rates at anytime without your consent. Go back and read the customer agreement.

On an average day I take about 6 calls from people who signed up last year with the NFL ST promo offer who thought it wouldn't renew. Obviously a lot call in to get it removed, but about the same call in to get superfan added on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.