1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL SundayTicket Week #4

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Attached is the weekly NFL Schedule customized for DIRECTV SundayTicket subscribers. All games are in HD. Red highlight Networks broadcast in 1080i, Blue highlight Networks broadcast in 720p.

Time Zone Specific
    Schedules are provided for each Time Zone; please note the names of the attachments to identify the correct PDF for your time zone.
    SundayTicket Broadcasts
    The rightmost section provides the SundayTicket HD game assignments, channels 704 through 718. Other channels are 701-Player Tracker, 702-Game Mix and 703-Red Zone. On Monday and Tuesday, channels 704-705 provide 30-minute Short Cut games.
    Customize Your Schedule
    The PDF schedules are formatted with Adobe ‘forms’ enabled. Editing can be done with Adobe Acrobat Release 8 or later or recent versions of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.​
    National Broadcasts
    You can input your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers for your local stations.

Regional Broadcasts
    You can find in advance which regional games local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying in your DMA by checking online ‘NFL TV Distribution Maps’ then you can input those channels on your schedule. This Link takes you to the website providing the maps. The DMA maps are available beginning Tuesday in the week preceding the game.
    Blackouts
    Regional Blackouts
    DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate regional programming by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.
    Local Blackouts
    DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate the home game provided by your local affiliate.
    Not Sold Out
    If your home game is not sold out, your local station and DIRECTV both are required to blackout that live game in your home DMA.

2. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Blackouts possible in OAK, SD, STL.

update:
    OAK & SD officially blacked out.
    STL got an extension.

update2:
    STL is now sold out.

3. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    This week, for the heck of it, I included the NFL Week 4 Custom Schedule for San Diego. I prepare that San Diego schedule anyway - for some local Sports Bars and myself.

Actually, that's what got me started on this schedule business a few years ago - I walked into a Sports Bar and saw my schedule tacked on the wall behind the bar. My ego doubled in size immediately. But as my wife is quick to point out, I have yet to make my first dime on this endeavor. It is truly a labor of love.

Anyway, I am dazzled to see the number of San Diego schedules that have been downloaded. Are there that many local folks interested in a local schedule?

I am not interested in publishing 210 DMA-Specific weekly schedules. But should I be considering providing a New York, Los Angeles and Chicago schedule?

I have a difficult time trying to read the tea leaves: Two weeks ago, I posted a Hawaii/Alaska schedule -- and it was downloaded only 3 times.

4. Packersrule

Packersrule AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    Your schedule makes it so much easier for me. I use it every week to plan my recording schedule!!!

5. sonofjay

sonofjay Legend

Aug 29, 2006
    Schedule Rocks and helps me setup my guide in seconds. I can't imagine an area specific schedule would be needed for each DMA. Nor can I see that at this point that people who have been using your schedule in the top 3 markets couldn't figured it out using the timezone instead and customizing themselves. Just my $0.02.

6. ttubbiola

ttubbiola Mentor

Jan 22, 2007
    Your weekly schedules are always printed and on my coffee table every week. I also email copies to a number of friends. I figured that would use less bandwidth from your server. I could send them a direct download link instead.

Thanks for doing this every week.

7. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    ttubbiola,
    The schedules are stored here on the DBSTalk server; it's availability is much better than any personal server.

As a thought, you might send your friends a link to this thread or even just a link to this Forum. The reason: there is a wealth of information provided by DBSTalk; your friends might discover a whole new world of interesting resources. New members and more traffic helps keep DBSTalk successful!

8. ttubbiola

ttubbiola Mentor

Jan 22, 2007
    Will do. I'll send them back here.

Tom

9. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    Please see the Week #5 schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.