1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NFL Ticket Blackout Rules?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by reubenray, Jul 26, 2014.

1. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I use a portable dish with my motorhome and will be traveling during football season. If I subscribe to the NFL Ticket and my home address is in the New Orleans area will I be able to watch the New Orleans Saints games using the NFL Ticket?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Nope.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Some have posted that you can change you home address 2 times in a year. If you use auto bill pay and paperless billing, change your address for football season to an address that is not going to have any black outs.
    Call and ask if you can do this.

4. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    That is what I am thinking of doing. I will be between Montgomery, Alabama and Meridian, Mississippi. What city locals would I get there? The local stations may be showing the Saints being they are fairly close to New Orleans. I have been searching for the footprints of both cities.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    None that you can watch since the LiL are tied to your service address.

6. ladannen

ladannen Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    If your home Directv address is New Orleans, the New Orleans spotbeam should be able to reach you in western Alabama or eastern Mississippi.
    But depending on exactly where you will be, a OTA antenna may be your best option. Although WVOC, the Fox affiliate in Montgomery, AL (assuming you can reach it via OTA from your location) may choose to show Falcons games over Saints games.

Edit: As the NFL schedule stands right now, Falcons/Saints only have three competing games on Fox this season (weeks 5, 7, & 10). So if you can get WVOC over OTA at your RV location, you could watch all Saints games, except maybe three.

7. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I checked and the Fox station is about 30 miles away, so it may be reachable. If not then I may change my service address. The 2nd campground I will be going to is about 80 miles away. I will be at these campgrounds during the 3rd and 4th week of the season. I don't want to change my service address for just the one campground if possible. I still have been unable to find the spotbeam footprint for Montgomery, AL. I will check to see if the New Orleans spotbeam will reach first. It reaches two of the other campgrounds I will be going to which are in South Alabama and South Mississippi.

8. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    If you want to look at the beam footprint

Go to the

Tips & Resources Forum / Interactive Beam Footprint Library

There, in Post #1, Select D12 and under D12, click on the New Orleans Beam Footprint

You will need to have GoogleEarth on your computer. (The link to the free software is in Post #1)

You can probably zoom in and see your motorhome !

9. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    IF you have Sunday Ticket Max and are out of town, you can use a smart phone or tablet, connected to your TV to watch the game. The Sunday Ticket app uses GPS info to determine which game(s) are "out of market", not your service address.

Where you could really be screwed is if being aired locally where you actually are because the app would say that you are in an area where the game is available and your receiver wouldn't be authorized for that local channel.

10. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Don’t forget that sometimes local stations sometimes change the game they air the Friday before that Sunday. If you are going to only be in Meridian or Montgomery you probably still can pick up New Orleans Locals since the Spot Beam probably will reach.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app